Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway IMC (Omniplex)

Options
  • 14-11-2012 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if the above cinema is still opened? I read yesterday that the two cinemas have been sold from the Omniplex brand (Link)

I see they have been removed from the omniplex website so also wondering anyone know where the new website is located?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

s_carnage wrote: »
    Anyone know if the above cinema is still opened? I read yesterday that the two cinemas have been sold from the Omniplex brand (Link)

I see they have been removed from the omniplex website so also wondering anyone know where the new website is located?
    defiantly still open. the company that owns them has just split in two. i think they will be rebranded uci but not 100% on the name

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

https://booking.imccinemas.ie/obook/book_2.asp?site=Galway
    They are now part of IMC cinemas.

They will probably be rebranded at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

https://booking.imccinemas.ie/obook/book_2.asp?site=Galway
    They are now part of IMC cinemas.

They will probably be rebranded at some point in the future.

Sweet, couldn't find that booking page anywhere, Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

IMC is bad news, they have been in a dispute with one of the bigger studios/publishers/distributors for a long time now and miss out on a lot of good movies, was a pain in the arse when I lived in Athlone :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seaneh wrote: »
    IMC is bad news, they have been in a dispute with one of the bigger studios/publishers/distributors for a long time now and miss out on a lot of good movies, was a pain in the arse when I lived in Athlone :'(
    No worse than the previous situation with Ward Anderson and the studios they were in dispute with for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

I was wondering why the Galway Omniplex showtimes didn't show up in the IMDB app anymore, I guess this has something to do with it.

By the way it seems they own more omniplexes, I was just looking on their site, so maybe they might not necessarily rebrand: http://www.imccinemas.ie/corporate-promotional-tickets.asp

No worse than the previous situation with Ward Anderson and the studios they were in dispute with for years.

Twould seem it's the same company with the same issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seaneh wrote: »
    Twould seem it's the same company with the same issues!
    Not according to yesterdays Sentinel, maybe they have it wrong.

http://www.imccinemas.ie/corporate-promotional-tickets.asp

Well, IMC cinema's seem to have a rather close relationship with a lot of Omniplex cinemas, seeing as you can buy tickets for both groups from the page above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

It says Ward bought out Anderson in Galway because of the ongoing row between the families. Omni will probably be rebranded as IMC in Galway, which means more flexibility in negotiating film releases and "distances" IMC from the Ward Anderson row with Warner, Sony etc.

There is a lot of overlap in the locations listing between the IMC site and the Omniplex website - I guess there are still a lot of cinemas in shared ownership/dispute.

Given that the booking system was taken down from the Omniplex website and moved to the IMC one I would imagine that the Omniplex brand will be going.

I'm sure boards favourite journalist and member of the extended family Alison O'Riordan will have an article in the local papers shortly explaining it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭MoSeS_.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Trying to book tickets and when I go into the main Omniplex website the Galway cinema is no longer listed there. Wondering if anyone knows whether it has recently changed names? Im talking of the one on the Headford Rd beside Elverys. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Its now called the IMC Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Great thanks guys. Saves me driving over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Haha I was was there last night and wondered how long it'd be until someone posted exactly this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Any cinemas open today in Galway? Tried google but it's confusing me...not hard that

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WreckinBar

Yes the Omniplex in Galway and Oranmore are now IMC. Tickets can be booked booked here.

Edit: Didn't see the numerous responses on page 2!
    Trying to book tickets and when I go into the main Omniplex website the Galway cinema is no longer listed there. Wondering if anyone knows whether it has recently changed names? Im talking of the one on the Headford Rd beside Elverys. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

No, pretty much all cinema close for 3 days, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, St. Stephens Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Just passed the Galway Omniplex and all lights are off and no sign of anything going on around it and its 9pm on a Thursday night. Has it closed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Closed for the day as a mark of respect for the founder of the company Leo Ward who passed away this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Weird, any reference to the Galway Omniplex seems to be gone from the Omniplex website :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Thats because it was taken over by IMC a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

All IMC in the country are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

All IMC in the country are closed

http://www.imccinemas.ie/important-notice.asp
    As a mark of respect on the death of our Co-Founder, Director, Colleague and Friend, LEO WARD, the following cinemas will be closed on Thursday the 31st of January 2013.

Omniplex Carlow
    Omniplex Clonmel
    Omniplex Cork
    Savoy Dublin
    Screen Dublin
    Omniplex Enniskillen
    Omniplex Galway
    Omniplex Kilkenny
    Omniplex Longford
    Omniplex Oranmore
    Omniplex Santry
    Omniplex Tralee
    Omniplex Tullamore
    Omniplex Wexford
    IMC Athlone
    IMC Ballymena
    IMC Dun Laoghaire
    IMC Dundalk
    IMC Killarney
    IMC Mullingar
    IMC Tallaght
    IMC Thurles
    The offices at Astor House, 29 Lower George’s Street, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin will also be closed on Thursday the 31st of January 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with previous threads on Omiplex, now IMC.

Advertisement