Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013: How quick will spaces fill?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys, I have applied for IEC yesterday but my dilemma is that my boyf is currently waiting on his passport to arrive, (yes I know he left it late! ) It's due to arrive before Thurs, 9th Feb. BUT there is only 1500 places left on the programme, so assuming he gets his passport say Tuesday, do you think there will still be places left??

Also, what happens when someone gets rejected, does this leave a new space to be filled, and therefore putting the remaining places up? or are they just rejected and that's it.. space wasted? As in, if the places are all filled, then someone is rejected, would the remaining places go from 0 to 1 on the website for instance? SORRY FOR LONG POST!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

He'll be cutting it fairly fine by the looks of things... As the poster above mentioned, only 400 places left... However not all of the 6350 applications will be accepted, those who are rejected will go back into the allocations and he could therefore have a chance to apply again. He's not gonna be able to apply right now as you need to be able to scan the ID page of a passport valid for the duration of your stay in Canada in order to proceed in the first part of stage 1. Hopefully there will be a bit of a standstill with the applications now though, if not you're gonna have to keep an eye out for rejected appications...

Best of luck to you both though! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

where can see how places are left?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

0 visas left, they'll accept more though people will have failed payments and refusals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Lisa 2013

Oh god 0 left.. :'( not looking good! hes not going to have his passport until tuesday, I just hope they are still accepting applications for refusals by then! I suppose ringing the embassy will make no difference? I'm guessing it's still first come first serve for this as well.. A lady from Go4less said they may release more spaces due to the high demand, wonder will this happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭frankspencer

So all the places are gone?...so this means Il have to wait till next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

this from the website:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Latest news
    The quota will remain at zero, however we will accept a limited number of supplementary applications to allow for refusals and withdrawals. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada.

I wonder how many refusals there will be :/ will everyone have a chance or is it going to be first come first serve for the second chances aswell!? IM SO CONFUSEDDD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

The way they're still randomly accepting applications is so stupid! They should just stop taking applications temporarily until all those in the second phase have been processed and they know the exact number of rejections/withdrawals.

Then open applications once more offering those places that have become available again.

I think that makes much more sense but maybe that's just me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Cannot believe how quickly those spaces filled up- mental! Absolutely raging- thought I'd at least have a week to play with! I've just applied on the half chance I might get in due to refusals or extra spaces coming up... What would you say my chances are?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

What's your WTN? Are you much above 6350?

7070, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

oh god 700 above :o at least your in oz:D

Yeah I suppose it could be worse Ross! Still, I was really hoping to get out and try Canada. Wouldn't mind but I've been keeping my eye on this forum pretty regularly, got all my police certs and had everything in order... then I got away for a few days and come back to hear this!! My bloody luck! :(

Who in their right mind would have expected all those visas to be gone within a few days. People must be absolutely desperate to get out of Eire!

yea mate it really is mad so it is they have been working all weekend approving visas yea i suppose everyone is saying canada is the new oz but alot of people just see the $$ signs and think its going to be easy its awful hard to work in -30 with a chill of -40 during the winter a lot wont last the long haul i would imagine:/ at least next year there is 10,000 visas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

So gutted that the visas went so quickly. Me and my boyfriend currently in Canada living in Ottawa and loving it. Here since September. Have a nice appartment that we furnished ourselves and a decent job and now I might not get my second year visa... My WTN is up in the 6,900's. GUTTED!!

So if anyone wants a fully furnished app in Ottawa let me know.. ha :D

Anyone else already here in Canada and was silly like me to think they would have at least a few days to apply???

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

bopper wrote: »
    The way they're still randomly accepting applications is so stupid! They should just stop taking applications temporarily until all those in the second phase have been processed and they know the exact number of rejections/withdrawals.

Then open applications once more offering those places that have become available again.

I think that makes much more sense but maybe that's just me!

mabe there are still taking applications because they plan to make a few more visas available?

7070 is not bad! I thought it would be waay more, I'd say you have a small chance! Although if it gets a lot higher then they may release more places, so here's to hoping :)

Cheers for the feedback folks, and especially to Lisa for giving me a smidgen of hope! :) I have a feeling they could release around another 1,000 spaces due to the demand, rejections etc, but maybe thats me hoping above anything else!!

• Advertisement

Oh, and I applied for Police Certs/Garda certs etc at the start of Dec. Since they are only valid for 3 months should i apply again? That 3 month validity period is an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

My WTN is 6050, but I only paid today. Would it be safe to assume that I have got a visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I've a question about dates, are you all putting down the full 2years and then ticking the insurance question at the end?? What insurance company will insure you for 2 years??? I haven't submitted my stage one application yet. Getting pissed off now!!

sorry birdster where does it say about insurance? and also backpackerinsurance.ie will insure us for the 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    sorry birdster where does it say about insurance? and also backpackerinsurance.ie will insure us for the 2 years.

It's in the applicant declaration section, of stage one. I can't get backpackers, I've a dodgy back and they won't insure me. Wonder if VHI will...........can't believe there is a waiting list already for this :(

jeez i must have just ticked it without even thinking about it lol.. ah damn maybe vhi i will but they will set you back a fair bit:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Damn it. Thought I would've had a week or so to apply - only got my passport this morning.
    I'm 7442... I'm guessing I don't stand a chance so... What was their initial quota 6350?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

annor99 wrote: »
    Anyone else already here in Canada and was silly like me to think they would have at least a few days to apply???

+1 I was skiing all weekend ffs! I've being here since April, this new system sucks.

RasTa wrote: »
    +1 I was skiing all weekend ffs! I've being here since April, this new system sucks.

RasTa
    What WTN number did ya get?? I hope the skiing was worth it :D

• Advertisement

Damn it. Thought I would've had a week or so to apply - only got my passport this morning.
    I'm 7442... I'm guessing I don't stand a chance so... What was their initial quota 6350?

Ya it was 6350. Im up in the 6,900's. Just a waiting game now for everyone over the 3,350 mark. My friend is in the 7,500's. She thinks she is gona get in no bother.

I admire her optimism :rolleyes:

Advertisement