Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013: How quick will spaces fill?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Zardoz

giggii wrote: »
    He's not gonna be able to apply right now as you need to be able to scan the ID page of a passport valid for the duration of your stay in Canada in order to proceed in the first part of stage 1.
    I got caught on this too,my passport expired in Nov ,like a bloody eejit I thought I had another year on it ,disaster .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

annor99 wrote: »
    Ya it was 6350. Im up in the 6,900's. Just a waiting game now for everyone over the 3,350 mark. My friend is in the 7,500's. She thinks she is gona get in no bother.

I admire her optimism :rolleyes:

That is quite optimistic, but maybe we'll all be lucky and get in... Fingers crossed...
    Although, I'm ready to put my Plan B into action and put all the money I saved into scratchcards... :D
    I'll hold off a few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm high on the list, 7740 or something. After people pay is there a time limit to submit forms? I thought they where offering 7,500 places this year

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

I didnt get mine because of my Passport not being long enough! Its fine though. At the end of the year there is 10,700 being released and with the whole 2 year Visa thing now, nobody will be applying from Canada. It'll be literally 10k people leaving Ireland/Oz.

I'll just save and maybe indulge in a few months in the US before hand with thye extra money.

Head up people

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Here, here Clubman! I'm thinking along the same lines. Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if you need to enter Canada directly from Eire when availing of the Visa or can you enter Canada from any country? Also, do you need to have a fixed address during the Visa process or can you do everything online while travelling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

I'm 7551 and I'm going to stay optimistic, it's out of my control so point letting it get me down. They may release another lot of visas and there will be rejections. Fingers crossed!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm high on the list, 7740 or something. After people pay is there a time limit to submit forms? I thought they where offering 7,500 places this year
    I dont know if there is a time limit but they say the processing time is eight weeks. Just need to keep the fingers, toes, eyes and everything crossed.

Just saw this on IEC webpage

International Experience Canada is no longer accepting applications for 2013. Applicants with active WTNs can still login to their IEC Kompass accounts. Thank you for your interest!

So now they not even taking any more apps....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Birdster wrote: »
    I'm 7551 and I'm going to stay optimistic, it's out of my control so point letting it get me down. They may release another lot of visas and there will be rejections. Fingers crossed!!! :D

Good thinking Birdster.
    Gona try do the same :)

I think I'm gonna start being optimistic about my 7442 since people with higher numbers are remaining so confident...
    42 is one of my lucky numbers, so that could be a possible silver lining...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireB13

Hey,
    How do you know what number you are on the list? I only made payment yesterday does that mean I will be behind you all maybe like 8000 now? Starting to worry!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

whats your wtn if its 006800 or above there's not much hope of a visa at all.

If you had the option to make a payment, you're probably within quota, since I've been instructed not to pay anything until they assess whether there's space for me or not...

ClaireB13 wrote: »
    Hey,
    How do you know what number you are on the list? I only made payment yesterday does that mean I will be behind you all maybe like 8000 now? Starting to worry!:confused:

CaptainNegative is right, if they asked you for payment, you're within the quota, no worries there girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I didnt get mine because of my Passport not being long enough! Its fine though. At the end of the year there is 10,700 being released and with the whole 2 year Visa thing now, nobody will be applying from Canada. It'll be literally 10k people leaving Ireland/Oz.
    I know m8 but some people like myself could be too old then,over 35 .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I'll be applying from Canada! Haven't even activated my first year yet!

Zardoz wrote: »
    I know m8 but some people like myself could be too old then,over 35 .:(

Same, I feel your pain, I'll be too old to apply next year too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lisa 2013

Guys, is there any possibility of them releasing more spaces? Due to high demand and all? apparently they did last year around March.. although they are now saying " no more applications will be accepted for 2013" , wonder is there any chance? (for my boyf)

I got verified today..

they didn't release any extra ones last year the quota didn't go till may. i cant see them releaseing any more tbh it would be too much hardship for them if they did for us they would have to for every other country that runs out too so i cant see them tbh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Clubman2012

bopper wrote: »
    I'll be applying from Canada! Haven't even activated my first year yet!

Ah there will be a few, but much much less than this year.

Does any one know anything about applying for the actual visas,not the IEC, is it hard to get? do you have to have a qualification etc?

• Advertisement

what you mean actual visa? depends on what skills you have after the iec the other option is an LMO but you must have a skill/trade thats in huge demand and the employer in canada must be able to show the government in canada that he was unable to fill the job with a local before he will get granted the lmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nk1888

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what you mean actual visa? depends on what skills you have after the iec the other option is an LMO but you must have a skill/trade thats in huge demand and the employer in canada must be able to show the government in canada that he was unable to fill the job with a local before he will get granted the lmo.

This is correct, but it's not as hard as you're making it out to be for a LMO. There are so many employers looking for skilled workers in Canada especially Calgary. There simply isn't enough workers for the economy at the moment. For all of you who feel like you want to go this route, start emailing companies expressing your interest. If they give you an LMO then you're tied to that company until you get your PR. This is highly appealing for companies in Calgary as ppl chop and change jobs way to often.

On a side note I can say that a lot of the IEC visa applications will be rejected due to passports not covering the the whole duration of the 2 years, ppl applying for a third time (you wouldn't believe how many of these there are) and errors on the application forms ( if you applied last year and got rejected you'll know what I mean). Anyways my guess is if you're on the waiting list, you're in. It'll just take a little longer. :)

Yea i didn't make it out be hard doh. i stated exactly what the process is the employer has to be able to prove he could not get a local to do the job and if that's the case he can then apply for the lmo for you. but you would need to have a skill/trade i don't think LMOs are able to be got for unskilled jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I haven't applied for stage one of the IEC even, as it says it is closed. SHould I just wait for cancellations or rejections?

tbh mate you have no chance this year:o i hate to be blunt there is already people with wtn number of 7700 + which is mad as there is only 6350 and i cant see there being 1500 mistakes.

Thanks for the replys guys, its not for me though, i have my place secured im like in the 3000's, its for my boyfriend,his passport didnt come on time.. he is a carpenter but isn't qualified fully, would he have to be fully qualified to be considered for this LMO thing you are on about?

yea i would say he would need to be or if not how many years does he have done? would he have 9000 hours think its about 3+ years.

Hours Months
    Cabinetmaker 8160 72
    Carpenter 8160 72

Thats how much time he would need to have to be allowed to challenge the red seal exam but since you said hes not quailfied i doubt he would have the 72 months that is the requirement for Alberta i don't know about any other area

Ok im a bit confused with the hours months thing but he has been doing carpentry for about 4 years in total? would that be enough? He was on phase 3 i think and then he left his apprenticeship to work for someone else as a carpenter again..

• Advertisement

no as that is only 48 months and 8112 hours. so he is 3 years short of what is required. but that is only the rules for Alberta maybe check where every you are planning on going and see what the rules are for there. without his trade cert and only having 4 years he might struggle to get an LMO.

Advertisement