Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013: How quick will spaces fill?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lisa 2013

I'm after doing a good bit of research there, and I think all he needs is a job offer from a Canadian employer and I have researched some jobs there and there requirements vary, some say 3-5 years experience and no certification required, I also checked do you have to have a certificate in carpentery to work in Toronto and you don't, you do in other parts of Canada and in other job titles but not carpentery, so I'm assuming all he needs is a job offer to apply for a work permit! I'm guessing its up to the employer to decide if they want a qualified worker or not, and on Indeed.Ca some do, some don't.. so I think he has a good chance to get in if offered a job :)

And he just told me there he has 5 years experience, not 4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Lads I'm still hopeful. They haven't opened the UK application yet. New Zealand still has 2,346 visas waiting to be snapped up out of their allocation of 2,500, and Australia has no limit on working holiday visas the 8,900 they are allocated is a guideline only.

They could give us an extra bit. There is hope for us yet, everyone on the waiting list, FINGERS CROSSED!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jellywoo87

Undertow wrote: »
    7070, I think!

Hi Undertow, this thread hasn't been visited for quite a while!! Just wondering if you had heard anything? My boyfriend and I are both around the 7115 mark!! I have heard of one person at around WTN 6700 being asked for payment 2 weeks ago so obviously they are now making their way through the waiting list!! Have you lost hope?!!

Hope to hear from you, haven't heard from anyone else I have tried contact on waiting list...maybe people have given up hope! Jelly-woo

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Hi

Myself and my boyfriend were about the 6,900 mark and we were both asked for payment a week ago. Have my fingers crossed for you jelly-woo

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

Hey Jellywoo- haven't heard anything yet, and had pretty much given up any hope of a call up to be honest with you- but these last 2 posts have given me hope!! I'll post up something if I hear anything back ok! :)

• Advertisement

annor99 wrote: »
    Hi

Myself and my boyfriend were about the 6,900 mark and we were both asked for payment a week ago. Have my fingers crossed for you jelly-woo

Oh annor99 that is fantastic news! Congrats! And thank you, we have everything crossed at this stage. We don't want get hopes up too much just yet at the same time! We are currently in Edmonton, if you are thinking of heading out this way and have any questions fire away! Jelly-woo

Hey Jellywoo- haven't heard anything yet, and had pretty much given up any hope of a call up to be honest with you- but these last 2 posts have given me hope!! I'll post up something if I hear anything back ok! :)

Hi Undertow! Things are starting to look up just a little?! Here's hoping anyway. My boyfriend is convinced we will be fine and that at least 10% visas will be made available due to different situations. Then perhaps people on the waiting list will have made alternative plans? Just a theory! Definitely please let me know if you hear anything, so close but yet so far ! :O Looking forward to hearing from you, all the best, Jelly-woo

Well they've jumped from 6700's to 6900's in the space of a week! I'm actually planning to head to NZ next month for a while, but this could throw a spanner in the works! :D Bring it on.

Just got asked for payment this morning folks- woohoo! :D Now to find out how to pay and how to sort out this application while on the road!! :/

Just got asked for payment this morning folks- woohoo! :D Now to find out how to pay and how to sort out this application while on the road!! :/

What number are you Undertow??? omg I got cold shivers there am I in with a chance too!!! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Around the 7100 mark. Rock on! ;-)

Around the 7100 mark. Rock on! ;-)

Jesus fingers and piggies crossed I'm 7571!!

Oh Undertow I'm delighted for you!!! Hope it all goes smoothly now :) Waiting on the edge of my seat for a mail, heres hoping they have another 40 or so to hand out!! I'm currently in Edmonton so if you are thinking of heading this way and have any questions ask away! Congrats again - Jellywoo

Cheers Jellywoo- thats really good of ya! You'll def get called- if you havent already! Same with you Birdster, although you will prob have to wait another 2-4 weeks I reckon. Paid the fee, applied for police certs, garda cert & driver licence report. Hopefully the ordeal isn't too awkward as I'm on a plane to NZ in 2 weeks! Still haven't got word that the payment is accepted yet though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Reading this thread gives some good indications of how things work out. The first half of the thread seemed convinced that the visas would last a long time. (2012 was the 'red herring', where all the visas were gone in about 5 months) but for 2013 it was 2 days. Be warned!

Cheers Jellywoo- thats really good of ya! You'll def get called- if you havent already! Same with you Birdster, although you will prob have to wait another 2-4 weeks I reckon. Paid the fee, applied for police certs, garda cert & driver licence report. Hopefully the ordeal isn't too awkward as I'm on a plane to NZ in 2 weeks! Still haven't got word that the payment is accepted yet though. :(

Oh lord...my garda cert was issued in October, they are valid for a year aren't they? And my Aussie one? What's this driver license report about ? I haven't been keeping up, crikey.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 totsy88

Birdster wrote: »
    Oh lord...my garda cert was issued in October, they are valid for a year aren't they? And my Aussie one? What's this driver license report about ? I haven't been keeping up, crikey.

Your Irish Garda cert cant be any more than 3 months old when applying for your iec visa. Not sure about your aussie one or the drivers licence report.

I got all the certs/drivers report last Dec, thinking that getting the visa once they came out in Jan was a no-brainer! As far as I know they all should be applied for within the last 3 months. So I applied for everything once again last week!

By the way, my payment got verified a couple of days ago. Does anyone know if I have to do anything else in order to get the Conditional Letter of Acceptance? Once I get that I think you move onto Stage 2...

I got all the certs/drivers report last Dec, thinking that getting the visa once they came out in Jan was a no-brainer! As far as I know they all should be applied for within the last 3 months. So I applied for everything once again last week! QUOTE]

Well feckit anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shivdev

Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone else here has heard anything? I'm currently in Vancouver right now but my boyfriend is back at home and still waiting to hear back from the IEC crowd. He's around the 7400 mark so not sure what's gonna happen at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

shivdev wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if anyone else here has heard anything? I'm currently in Vancouver right now but my boyfriend is back at home and still waiting to hear back from the IEC crowd. He's around the 7400 mark so not sure what's gonna happen at this point!
    Think they nearly all issued and it didn't get far past 7100 mark

I just got an email from IEC asking me for money if I still wanted to participate in the program, the quota has not been filled. WTN 7571. :eek: I had completely given up!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shivdev

Congrats! My boyfriend got the same email on the 5th Sept and is already on the 2nd stage so things are moving fairly quickly at this point! Hopefully you'll get to Canada soon! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

Birdster wrote: »
    I just got an email from IEC asking me for money if I still wanted to participate in the program, the quota has not been filled. WTN 7571. :eek: I had completely given up!!!!!!!!!!!

That's really amazing, congratulations! :)

So if you were at 7571 and 6350 visas were allowed, 1200 didn't make it? That's a lot. By the time I looked into Canada it had closed and wouldn't accept applications. Roll on 2014!

shivdev wrote: »
    Congrats! My boyfriend got the same email on the 5th Sept and is already on the 2nd stage so things are moving fairly quickly at this point! Hopefully you'll get to Canada soon! :):)

Wow that is fast! All my police certs and garda certs are invalid now so I'll have to start from scratch again!! I'm all over the place with the shock, I'll have to start reading the forums for help on filling it out now!

Really can't believe it!

Advertisement