Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Job is being re-sized

Options
  • 31-01-2013 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

My current role is being re-sized to two grades below where I am presently. This may mean a 40% pay cut if I have to take the T&C's of the new roll. We have been told that our salary is protected until Mar 2014 at which time no one knows what will happen.

We were initially informed of this in Oct and given a short window of two weeks to apply for voluntary redundancy which I did not do at this time as now one could answer my questions with regards to salary protection.

I now have a a job offer outside of my company and wish to leave, should I be entitled to redundancy if i decide to leave giving the main reason for leaving is because of the uncertainty with regards to my T&C's not being protected?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Not in my understanding anyway, your role is still there at the moment until 2014, and you are leaving voluntarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask what happens if you don't sign the new T&C, and ask if the voluntary redundancy is still available. Ask NOW before a few others take them up on the offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Ask if redundancy option is still available, but DO NOT tell them you have a possible job lined up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No you are not entitled to redundancy if you decide to leave after the window to apply for it.

Advertisement