Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice Period - pay

Options
  • 31-01-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I hope someone may be able to advise. I handed my notice in today giving 4 weeks as required by my contract but was asked to leave today straight away, am I still entitled to be paid for the 4 weeks as I was happy to make myself available for that time?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

claytonie wrote: »
    I hope someone may be able to advise. I handed my notice in today giving 4 weeks as required by my contract but was asked to leave today straight away, am I still entitled to be paid for the 4 weeks as I was happy to make myself available for that time?

Usually companies pay you in lieu it's called gardening leave.

You need to check with your employer. If they are not going to, you may need to contact NERA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Seems like they were telling you to f*** off. Yes you are entitled to the 4 weeks pay. But it seems your employer has other ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I find it such a load of crap that people kick you out straight away when you give your notice.. Happened to me a few times and didn't get paid at first. Had to jump through all kind of loops to get my wages. Which I shouldn't! Contact NESA asap and get them to advice you so you're not waiting on your money

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Offhand in this situation, would there be also be the issue any outstanding holiday leave that might need also to be paid for by the employer?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Manach wrote: »
    Offhand in this situation, would there be also be the issue any outstanding holiday leave that might need also to be paid for by the employer?
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Contact NESA asap and get them to advice you so you're not waiting on your money
    NERA won't get you the money any sooner than the next pay run. They will only help if your employer is refusing to pay or there is a dispute about the amount you get paid - this only becomes an issue after the normal pay date has come and gone.
    In fairness, most companies are not going to run a salary run just for your benefit. It makes things very messy. The normal thing is to pay people out for any final wages/holiday pay in the next pay run and issue a P45. Also doing it this way there is less chance of errors.

Advertisement