Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest route from Heuston station to Dublin airport?

Options
  • 31-01-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests what is the quickest way to get from heuston to the airport?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Helicopter ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

By car I would guess depending on the time of day, back out the N4 to the M50 and round to the airport.

You could get dead times during the day and go through Phibsboro and Ballymun, but I would choose the M50.

There would be a toll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Taxi about 15 euro, maybe 18 with bags.

Dublin Bus number 747 about 6 euro.

Luas or walk down to city centre and then regular Dublin bus number 41 about 5 euro.

The fastest way is Taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Dublin bus number 16 also goes to the airport from o'connell street. The 41 has an express (41x)
    Fastest would definitely be taxi then the 747. Im not sure about the air coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Dublin bus number 16 also goes to the airport from o'connell street. The 41 has an express (41x)
    Fastest would definitely be taxi then the 747. Im not sure about the air coach.

Doesn't serve Heuston, afaik.

To get the airport bus, it's either Westmoreland Street, or O'Connell Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Taxi or 747 bus for six euro. The 747 is fairly quick once it gets through town.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Slunk wrote: »
    Taxi or 747 bus for six euro. The 747 is fairly quick once it gets through town.

Luas to Busaras/Connolly or even to the O2 and get the 747 from there, it can be nightmarishly slow through the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Lars1916 wrote: »
    To get the airport bus, it's either Westmoreland Street, or O'Connell Street.

747 is the Dublin Bus airport bus. Goes to/from Heuston to the airport, via city centre and the port tunnel. Efficient and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

747 is the Dublin Bus airport bus. Goes to/from Heuston to the airport, via city centre and the port tunnel. Efficient and cheap.

I wrote 'Airport Bus' instead of 'Aircoach' did I? :confused:

Sorry, if I caused any confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Luas to Busaras/Connolly or even to the O2 and get the 747 from there, it can be nightmarishly slow through the city centre.

+1

The 747 goes around the world for sport from Heuston to Busáras which in rush hour takes ages. Takes about 20 minutes from there to the airport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Sometimes there's taxis at Heuston which allow you to share the taxi with others who are travelling to the airport, which reduces the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

TheUsual wrote: »
    Taxi about 15 euro, maybe 18 with bags.

No charge for bags anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Phone around a few of the taxi companies for prices, some might have special offers to the airport and if they have a cheap deal going book one to pick you up.
    Taxis have the advantage of the bus lanes and should have you in the airport normally in around 20 - 25 minutes.

Advertisement