Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Social Ghost Hunting"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Very good article by Steve Parsons there and I certainly agree with all he said. Facebook has been the ruin of paranormal investigation for all the reasons he outlines.

There are a lot of paranormal "teams" with "leaders" who have some emotional issues and are in it for the facebook glory than actual paranormal research. I do however think that there is a place for social ghost hunting but those facebook fanatics should be hung .

Please like this post and show your support for the southern milwaukee paranormal spirit soul hunters SMPSSH

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It's the general effect of the Internet. Done it to music as well. Years ago bands had to work to make a recording and then research who to send it to. These days people make a piece of **** on their computer, upload it to the web and call themselves musicians.
    Riamfada wrote: »
    Very good article by Steve Parsons there and I certainly agree with all he said. Facebook has been the ruin of paranormal investigation for all the reasons he outlines.

There are a lot of paranormal "teams" with "leaders" who have some emotional issues and are in it for the facebook glory than actual paranormal research. I do however think that there is a place for social ghost hunting but those facebook fanatics should be hung .

Please like this post and show your support for the southern milwaukee paranormal spirit soul hunters SMPSSH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

maccored wrote: »
    These days people make a piece of **** on their computer, upload it to the web and call themselves musicians.

Or worse, 'recording artists'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

Definitely a case of more quantity and quality these days (as opposed to maybe a decade ago).

Certain paranormal groups on Facebook and their activity can be very irritating and comical to me interchangeably. Like when they post about 12 status updates in one day, featuring 'funny' paranormal-themed memes (pictures with photo captions).

One recent one that comes to mind is something along the lines of:"You can't scare me - I hunt ghosts."

:rolleyes:

Now, they're alright now and again, but less is more always.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

maccored wrote: »
    upload it to the web and call themselves musicians.

Dont get me started on photographers. Some knob buys a mid range DSLR, takes some grainy night shots, runs a sepia filter in a stolen version of photoshop, slaps "Billy McFakername Photography" on the photo and all of a sudden they are a freelance photographer.

Facebook sucks. Death of all things.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 zlwtoiihtgne

That article is fantastic. Facebook glory is the new paranormal fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i wouldnt say its just facebook - its mainly the idea that teams have these days that a facebook page and some equipment they cant use but they seen on the telly = a paranormal research team

Advertisement