Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth to Dublin Commute

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ladjacket

how much does the rambler and the monthly ticket cost Toanie?

Cheers for the insight on here, much appreciated!

Will be beginning this within two weeks. First week is 9-5 which is fine then four weeks of 7am-3pm - looking at the 5.25 service on the number 67. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Ladjacket wrote: »
    how much does the rambler and the monthly ticket cost?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Fares--Tickets/Tickets/2-Journey-Daily-Weekly/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 toannie

Sorry Ladjacket, completely missed your question! It's €25 for the weekly ticket and the link vektarman just posted there gives you all the details on all the different ones you can get.

Best of luck starting the new job btw! :)

Hi guys,

Sorry to be annoying all, but I am starting work now on Monday and it is appearing to me that the best option to get from Maynooth to town is on the bus - would that be right?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

no , the train is the best option for the city centre.
    Depends where you work though.

Working on Burlington Road - would the 66 bus from Maynooth to Merrion Sq not be a good option?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would get the train to Pearse.
    if you live near the train station and you can get one of the direct trains or if you do need to change that their is a dart soon after but if you do not and their is not then bus is probably a good option.

Have to get to Dublin on Monday for 7am from maynooth. It's Sunday hours on public transport is that correct? If I don't drive am I really looking at a taxi being my best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows how long the 7:40 66x takes (approx.) to get to city centre (d'olier street)?
    Starting a new job soon and have to be there for 8:45, which means the 7:55 train and 7:55 66x aren't an option for me anymore!
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 toannie

Haven't got in a while but as far as I remember it gets in about 8:35 or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mrsq2b

Sound - thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hannah123

Hi, I'm living on the outskirts of Maynooth, just got a job in Trinity. Hours are 9 to 5. Would I be better getting the 66 or the 66x time wise? Thanks guys, the dublin bus website is driving me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

hannah123 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm living on the outskirts of Maynooth, just got a job in Trinity. Hours are 9 to 5. Would I be better getting the 66 or the 66x time wise? Thanks guys, the dublin bus website is driving me mad!

Definitely the 66x - the 7.40 would get you in on time. Another option is the train - there's a back gate in to Trinity just opposite Pearse station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 hannah123

Thanks a million angeldelight, can you just tell me what is the difference between the two services? Are there less stops on the 66x? Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

The 66x skips past Lucan and Chapelizod, which are two pretty bad traffic spots at that hour of the morning. Definitely better than getting the standard 66.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 lmf

Hi, thinking of buying in Maynooth but need to find out about the commute. I work in Sir John Rogersons Quay which is a bit awkward as its about 20 min walk from connolly station. However does anyone change at Clonsilla and get the Docklands train? from there its only a 10 min walk. How long would i be looking at altogether?
    any advice would be much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

lmf wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of buying in Maynooth but need to find out about the commute. I work in Sir John Rogersons Quay which is a bit awkward as its about 20 min walk from connolly station. However does anyone change at Clonsilla and get the Docklands train? from there its only a 10 min walk. How long would i be looking at altogether?
    any advice would be much appreciated :)

It would be a bit of hassle for the change of train tbh, a better option would be to grab a Dublin bike at connolly and whisk down to rogersons quay. There's a few stations there lime street might suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I do this to get to the east docks often enough. The interchange times are short on the train that gets to Docklands at 08:16 and the train that leaves Docklands at 17:25. Other interchange times can be quite significant. The Docklands trains are usually standing room only at Clonsilla also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Depending on side of town you are in maybe easier to drive to Dunboyne station? If out the Moyglare road, 10-15mins to the station, no lags with changeover then.

• Advertisement

I was going to suggest driving to Dunboyne too. It takes about 20 minutes if you need to go through the town though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

lmf wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of buying in Maynooth but need to find out about the commute. I work in Sir John Rogersons Quay which is a bit awkward as its about 20 min walk from connolly station.

Do Maynooth trains not go to Grand Canal Dock?

I imagine it is less than 10 mins?

If not, then just change at Connolly or Pearse to a DART

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Riskymove wrote: »
    Do Maynooth trains not go to Grand Canal Dock?

I imagine it is less than 10 mins?

If not, then just change at Connolly or Pearse to a DART

Not yet, only a tiny few do currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

L1011 wrote: »
    Not yet, only a tiny few do currently.

then just change to a DART at Connolly to Grand Canal Dock

Advertisement