Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Cube/Dark Room/Help Me remember this

• 01-02-2013 5:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,713 ✭✭✭✭

It was a Flash game, it came to internet prominence about 10 years ago.

The first version of the game had you interact with a single cube room, and using various colored switches would activate a new puzzle. You had to clear all the puzzles of this cube to beat the game.

The second version of the game was the same idea except it was, without spoiling too much, a much larger complex that was made of 27 rooms cubed together with a puzzle in each and ways that completing one room would interact with another.

This is driving me nuts. And usually drives me nuts every 3-5 years when something clicks in my brain where I need to play it again. This time it was spurred on by seeing the store page for Antichamber on steam, which looks mindmelting.

Sadly the game Im thinking of was named so vaguely its almost impossible to locate via search engine and Im at a loss. Im pretty sure it was called the Dark Room - the sequel is Dark Complex, locatable here.

edit: well derp, the links are at the bottom of that page. wtg heals.

Advertisement