Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay problem

Options
  • 01-02-2013 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

Just lookin for a bit've advise...

Basically, I started a job last April for a pretty big mobile telecoms company, and I have an issue with wages at the moment.

The issue is with the Indian outsourcing company which they use for their business, and on my latest count there have been 14 instances in the last 40weeks that they have either not paid me, late paid, threw advances at me and took back wrong amount, do not clearly display payslips, submit wrong working hours for me and worst of all, do not have a contact email address or direct phone number for payroll department (or any department at all actually, if an employed needs a reference for example, they are told to ring the customer care number for the telecoms company, so that they can reach a manager).

I have advised them that I am taking a grievance issue at this present time, but the HR manager is not very professional or really any use..

Just wondering, what should I do? All I want really is my wages every week, everything else is fine!

Please help,
    Phill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I would recommend contactigWorkplace Relations (formerly NERA) and get their advice on it. If your pay is regularly late or incorrect, or if your payslips are not being presented clearly, then they are responsible for this. If they keep getting your hours wrong, then there might be an issue with the Irish end not recording your hours properly - again a no-no and NERA will investigate.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/pay_and_employment/when_you_are_regularly_paid_late.html

Make sure you keep all your emails relevant to this so that you have plenty of evidence should it come to it.

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Companies are slowly realising just how bad outsourcing to Indian companies can be! It's not the Indian workers.. they're expected to work for cheap in a booming economy that struggles to keep wages down and focus on quantity without any focus on quality or staff retention.

The best thing you can do is calculate your own wages and produce a schedule with your calculation on one side and their payments on the other. Then request the balance.

Advertisement