Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband

• 01-02-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We decided to get eircom broadband for a christmas present for our son to play the play station online on the 17th of December . We rang eircom as its an Irish company to see how much it would cost and we were told €50 per month for the first 3 months then it would be €55 per month.
    Eircom rang me to see how we were getting on with the package I said fine but I didnt receive a bill yet so she said she would post a reprint, the bill arrived on Friday 25/01/2013 for €35.84 on Tuesday 5/02/2013 (4 days later) I paid the bill but we got disconnected. I rang them on Tuesday and they said I owed €242.27 of this only €3.80 was for calls. They then said they'll deduct the money I paid and they will deduct €100 they charge if you dont set up a direct debit (I set one up) and they'll deduct €20 that they owe me. I asked how much my next bill would be and they said it will be €80 because they hadnt charged me the full amount for the broadband on the first bill. I was then told my broadband will be back in a few minutes, after a couple of hours I rang again because service hadnt been resumed I was told it will come back shortly it never came back that day. The following day I had to ring 5 more times each time I was told broadband will be back shortly, I was then told to ring Credit Management I was on hold for 22 minutes so I hung up. Yesterday I rang AGAIN and I spoke to a real nice woman, Mary, and she had broadband back in a few minutes.
    Then this morning another bill arrives for €240 again only €3 are for calls.
    Eircom are ridiculous and I will be moving from them ASAP. BEWARE of eircom, their false promises, hidden charges and total lack of customer care.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Ask the Eircom Reps for help in the talk to Eircom forum
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1293

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinstown

Doing that all morning getting nowhere went to www.eircom net forum and posted the the same thread and they deleted it and told me they would ring to sort out but no call Eircom should be called EIRCON...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If you go ahead with the decision to leave ,they will charge you a early cease charge.I switched to vodafone and was hit with this charge.The package im with is €49 per month with 8mb broadband and 300gb download allowance per month.

Free anytime local & national calls and landline
    Unlimited Anytime minutes to UK landlines
    200 Anytime Minutes to 3 Nominated Numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maple999

I count my days to get away from Eircom, will be a long wait and all because of my trust in people. I even don't waste my time on their forum because they delete everything they don't like. At least they can't do that here. I am advising everyone think twice before switching to them. You will waist your time and nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭louloumc89

I tried to sign up for Eircom broadband six months ago. I rang up broadband sales and they explained the same package to me as you got. They said they'd take €150 deposit and someone would come put a line in the house I was renting (it had no phone line). I gave the money over the phone, and had serious hassle waiting 6 months for them to put in a phone line. I rang a few weeks ago to say I was moving out of the house to a houseshare with internet included, and could I have my deposit back as it had been six months. There was bit of hassle, they told me to let them put the line in the following week, and then cancel in the cooling off period to get my €150 back. I did this, then they tried charging me €120 for the line that I had just told them I didn't want, due to the 6 month wait etc... Anyways, talked to one exceptionally rude guy on the phone, who nearly put me off Eircom for good. But then rang back the next day and a really nice customer service rep got her supervisor to cancel the charge and refund the deposit...Anyways, long story short, even though they **** up, at least the people in customer service are reasonable. I'd be happy enough to deal with eircom again after I move somewhere more permanent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement