Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Eircom point

Options
  • 01-02-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Is it possible to buy the main drop box for Eircom?
    Basically our house got hit by lightning and it blew the point inside the house. It could take a couple of days to get an engineer out so Im going to replace it myself. Just need to know where to get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Hi folks,

Basically our house got hit by lightning and it blew the point inside the house. It could take a couple of days to get an engineer out so Im going to replace it myself. Just need to know where to get one.
    You can get a surface phone point in woodies b&q power city or any electrical wholesaler
    Just an easy 2 wire replacement
    However the damage may be more than a phone point
    I have seen phone cables melted inside the house after a thunderstorm

Worth a try however if your stuck though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

meercat wrote: »
    You can get a surface phone point in woodies b&q power city or any electrical wholesaler
    Just an easy 2 wire replacement
    However the damage may be more than a phone point
    I have seen phone cables melted inside the house after a thunderstorm

Worth a try however if your stuck though

Hey meercat,
    You sure you can buy the main drop point box in woodies, etc? Its not an ordinary surface mounted phone point - its the main one that has the Eircom logo on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Hey meercat,
    You sure you can buy the main drop point box in woodies, etc? Its not an ordinary surface mounted phone point - its the main one that has the Eircom logo on it.

post a pic of what your looking for
    if its just the main phone point,then anyone will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The only place I've ever found the proper eircom ones online is here :

http://www.kedingtondistribution.ie/index.php/structured-cabling/pressac-dsl-filters/pressac-adsl-centralised-filter.html

Filter face plate + NTU socket kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Hi folks,

where are you based? I'm in Dublin 13 if your near by I could sort you out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

evosteo wrote: »
    where are you based? I'm in Dublin 13 if your near by I could sort you out?

Thanks evosteo but Im based down in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Tow

Still at this?

Any RJ11 socket will do the job, while waiting for eircom to show up.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement