Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Meals at Restaurants

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is the latest meal time you can get at any of the cities local restaurants?

Looking to be served for around 10-1030

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 118 ✭✭Addictedtogolf

Café Goa Indian restaurant on the quay across from the bus station take orders until at least 10-10.30pm.

And very nice authentic Indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

so you want some poor chefs and waitresses/waiters to wait around to serve you at ten/ half ten in the night when they have prob been in work since ten that morning, id hope they would tell ya to **** off if you tryed to eat in a resturant at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

tobey wrote: »
    so you want some poor chefs and waitresses/waiters to wait around to serve you at ten/ half ten in the night when they have prob been in work since ten that morning, id hope they would tell ya to **** off if you tryed to eat in a resturant at that time

:confused: What's the attitude about - it's a simple question - is there any restaurants that serve that late. It's none of the customer's business how long the staff's shift is - if the restaurant is open and still taking orders...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Hi hostility.

If they're open then they should be delighted to have the business. I really hope you're not working in any service related profession.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭gw80

revolution bar serve,s food till ten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Fair warning,

This level of hostility won't be tolerated around here. You can make your point without it and it's a perfectly reasonable question to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its not the first time someone has had their head chewed on the waterford board for asking a question.! If they dont want customers then close the doors and shut up shop!

Its not the first time someone has had their head chewed on the waterford board for asking a question.! If they dont want customers then close the doors and shut up shop!

If you read any posts that your not happy with report them, they'll be examined and action will be taken if needed. I personally take a very dim view of this kind of thing because in the years I have been an active member of this forum by and large the community has been helpful and sometimes genuinely brilliant in helping people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

ziedth wrote: »
    If you read any posts that your not happy with report them, they'll be examined and action will be taken if needed. I personally take a very dim view of this kind of thing because in the years I have been an active member of this forum by and large the community has been helpful and sometimes genuinely brilliant in helping people.

I not being from waterford asked where something was recently and i got a god some people havent got a clue in Waterford once they go past a certain point, another poster pointed out to me where i was going wrong and told me where it was which was very nice, thing it was old gregg or well butty:D thanks lads! Thanks for the heads up Ziedth

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

a) Most restaurants open late anyway
    b) Doubt they were in since 10am for most late evening hours
    c) I didnt want some poor chefs/waiter etc, I wondered if they remained open, as clients I was taken for dinner were late arrivals to Waterford for one night only.
    d) Explain why you would F*** Off if I TYRED :D ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

i usually use Sabai or Jade Palace for late dining (after 10 pm)
    they dont mind staying on for a drink either - love Sabai!!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭savic04

jennygirl wrote: »
    i usually use Sabai or Jade Palace for late dining (after 10 pm)
    they dont mind staying on for a drink either - love Sabai!!

We went to Sabai, and was as lovely as always..

Lovely Staff, Lovely food.... 10.10pm was just as good as peak time 7.30 or so ...

Did you order at that time or eating then? Either way its a good thing to keep in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

ive ordered there at 10.30 - still there at midnight - love the place

Advertisement