Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best route from Navan to Leixlip

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

looking at travelling to the intel plant from Kells/Navan on a daily basis ...what is the fastest route ? is it worth doing a few extra miles to avoid the toll ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Navan-Trim-Kilcock onto the M4 and into Leixlip is the shortest route be far.Probably take about 45 minutes.

Also no tolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd go dunshauglin dunboyne blacklion (edge of maynooth), avoids bouncing the car through summerhill - unless they've finally done the resurfacing there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

MYOB wrote: »
    I'd go dunshauglin dunboyne blacklion (edge of maynooth), avoids bouncing the car through summerhill - unless they've finally done the resurfacing there?

Yeah the resurfacing is done there but I would still take that over the Dunboyne way!Dont like that road at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Councillor

I also suggest Navan-Trim-Kilcock-M4. I use it and it takes 45m.

The 3 Motorways would probably be faster and a better road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭bladespin

Always go the M3 to Clonee then in to Leixlip the back road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 eimhin.ennis

M3 all the way if you have to be on time consistently, much easier to time it and much more comfortable. Navan-Trim-Kilcock if you don't mind overtaking tractors, trucks etc. The 50kmph zones and occasional GATSO/speed-camera can be annoying too on that route. Saves the €1.40 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rocketed

The M3 and R149 to leixlip from the exit seems to be the fastest way (and it is the way that googlemaps suggests).

Where do people exit and re enter to avoid the two tolls on the road. (M3)

I am wondering if doing this you use up more petrol ( and certainly time) to make it of negligible value. The 1.40 toll does not buy a litre of petrol currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

rocketed wrote: »
    The M3 and R149 to leixlip from the exit seems to be the fastest way (and it is the way that googlemaps suggests).

Where do people exit and re enter to avoid the two tolls on the road. (M3)

I am wondering if doing this you use up more petrol ( and certainly time) to make it of negligible value. The 1.40 toll does not buy a litre of petrol currently.

I find you burn less fuel when not on the motorway, on account of driving slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

infacteh wrote: »
    I find you burn less fuel when not on the motorway, on account of driving slower.

Completely negated when the non-motorway roads in question are twisty (hence repeated re-acceleration) and have a very high chance of encountering slow moving traffic (going below optimal speeds).

However, the savings one way or another are not massive in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,351 ✭✭✭bladespin

One red light or stop sign descimates any savings driving slower might have made.

• Advertisement
Advertisement