Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wonky dual-monitor setup

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭

I have a dual monitor setup - a 1050p fujitsu-siemens screen and a 1080p Toshiba Regza TV. I'm running it on an XFX HD7950
    Yesterday evening there was no problem.

When I turned it on today my TV screen had green and black lines instead of the picture. The other screen was fine.
    By fiddling around in the settings I've managed to make it my primary screen and the TV is working perfectly (so there's nothing wrong with either screens or their cables).

Now the Fujitsu-Siemens monitor has pink and black lines similar to the green ones that were on the TV.

The problem would appear to be my computer. I would guess there's a problem with my graphics card.

However, I was playing the Crysis 3 beta last night (about as taxing a game as you could hope to run) and there were no problems.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If it was me - I would remove the graphics card, and then reseat it again. Might be a bad connection.

Then check all the connections to the card, especially power.

Reconnect the monitors, in case of a bad connection.

Then power on and see if it has improved.

Update any drivers you can for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I turned everything off, opened it up, gave everything a prod to make sure it was connected...

Booted and it's working fine.:confused:

Computers eh?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

The drivers might not have loaded properly. You'd be surprised how often a reboot fixes a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The drivers might not have loaded properly. You'd be surprised how often a reboot fixes a problem!

Yeah, it was silly not to try.

I just sorta panicked because it was a problem I'd never encountered before.

Advertisement