Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Manual Handling

Options
  • 01-02-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a Certificate in Trainer Skill from the IITD and I would like to position myself this year that if I secure employment I can teach the likes of manual handling in the workplace etc. I was wondering, how do I go about being eligible to do this? Or is there less formality than I expect and am I suitable already?

Thanks in Advance,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

Additionally you require a manual handling instructors certificate, which can be expensive. This includes participation on a recognised course. See Hsa.ie for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 dmc123

Hi.

The only way that you can become an instructor is to achieve a Fetac Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Manual Handling Instruction.

In addition no legitimate company will entertain you as an instructor until you also have Level 6 Train The Trainer.

I did all of mine through Aldatus Healthcare and Safety Training in Limerick. http://aldatus.ie/patient-handling-training/

If you want to know more, just ask

Advertisement