Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom V Tottenham (Sun 3rd Feb)

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Think people might have forgotten this match with everything which went on last night!

Anyway, interesting fact to start the thread off:

West Brom have only beaten us twice in the Premier League both times on the same date. 28 Dec 2005 and 28 Dec 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

It's on sky aswell 0-3 Leandro hattrick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

think we will win this one.

their star man was very controversial yesterday so it may affect them

1-2 to spurs - bale and holtby

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lukaku will prove a handful on Sunday, not sure who's best to deal with him, Dawson or Caulker, probably Dawson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

We will probably dominate the game and scrape a draw in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Three draws in a row. We really need a win. Shame villa crumbled and stole just couldn't get through but Newcastle beating Chelsea is great news however we do meet Newcastle in a few weeks so would have to wonder what their form will be like.

Another fact. Lewis Holtby has become Spurs' 28th player used this season. Surely we must have some fresh legs for the latter stages of the league with our rotation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

We need the points here, would be massive. COYS! Shame that Dempsey is starting though.

Spurs unchanged Holtby on the bench.... Shame... Hope to see him sooner if things aren't going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

@SpursOfficial: #THFC team today: Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Dembele, Parker, Lennon, Bale, Dempsey & Defoe #COYS

subs:

Friedel, Gallas, Naughton, Huddlestone, Livermore, Sigurdsson & Holtby

irishmover wrote: »
    Spurs unchanged Holtby on the bench.... Shame... Hope to see him sooner if things aren't going well.

Yes hopefully will see more of Lewis today. By the way what part of Oz you living in?

• Advertisement

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Yes hopefully will see more of Lewis today. By the way what part of Oz you living in?

Currently Fly in Fly out work from Brisbane to an outback town. But may change over next 6 months or so. Current time here is 23:20 Sunday night.

I guess the excellent thing to see is that AVB isn't just throwing Holtby straight into the team. He's allowing him time to bed into the squad and not make enemies. Redknapp was notorious for showing favoritism.

irishmover wrote: »
    Currently Fly in Fly out work from Brisbane to an outback town. But may change over next 6 months or so. Current time here is 23:20 Sunday night.

I guess the excellent thing to see is that AVB isn't just throwing Holtby straight into the team. He's allowing him time to bed into the squad and not make enemies. Redknapp was notorious for showing favoritism.

Cool, I lived in Sydney for a year and joined the OzSpurs. They have a Brisbane branch aswell as far as I know and have meet ups for games and stuff like that.

Yes I can see why he is trying to bed him in bit by bit, hopefully a longer cameo today.

i wish holtby was starting instead of demps. they were just bigging him up on goals on sunday ss2.. jamie r compared him with vdv! i think he will win us more games than clint & siggy combined lol...

coys-an early bale goal or 2 please!

Cool, I lived in Sydney for a year and joined the OzSpurs. They have a Brisbane branch aswell as far as I know and have meet ups for games and stuff like that.

Yes I can see why he is trying to bed him in bit by bit, hopefully a longer cameo today.

Aye my situation may change over the next 6 months but will definitely look into that over the next couple of weeks. Thanks! Hadn't even thought of something like that.

Yeh well I hope we don't require him like the Norwich game. Really hope to see a few of the players not performing of late to up their game. Dembele has been talking the talk lately so here's hoping he walks the walk!

Long/Lukaku will be tough to deal with.

davycc wrote: »
    i wish holtby was starting instead of demps. they were just bigging him up on goals on sunday ss2.. jamie r compared him with vdv! i think he will win us more games than clint & siggy combined lol...

coys-an early bale goal or 2 please!

My dad called me after the game and said, I see we've resigned VdV. I agreed, his energy, style, run is just like VdV.

I did say he was his replacement though. VdV cost £8m at his prime for us and Holtby cost £1.5m at a young age where he still has much to learn. Exciting few years ahead. Finishing in the top four would be so crucial for summer transfers and keeping a few key players happy...

A win today is vital to put pressure on Chelsea.

Dempsey should have done better with that header...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why the fcuk is Dembele staying back and Parker going forward?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Why the fcuk is Dembele staying back and Parker going forward?

Huh? Parker has been further deeper...

Some awful passing at the moment.. We're lucky West Brom aren't in form at the moment or we could have been losing by now.

Walker is such a liability.

How does Yacob not have a yellow yet? Clangerburg is ref that's why....

• Advertisement

defoe injuered hope he is ok!

Now we need a fcukin striker. Levy out

Yeh only good thing is Holtby would come on... Aside from that not good for the next few weeks....

Ah dear, this was always going to happen :(

It is shocking for a top team not to have a striker on the bench.

Ah dear, this was always going to happen :(

Yeh it's pretty much certain that Defoe would be injured at some stage in the season. I don't believe he's ever had a full injury free season with spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

typical! cheers mr levy you've definatly helped us hang onto top 4 with your transfer dealing bull**** anyway!:mad:

As I said before seriously take it easy until we know we're not getting CL football...

What if Damaio was going to be a massive flop and we ended up paying over the odds for him? Bet it would be levy out aswell then too!

Ill give out hell along with you's if we miss out on CL football until then I'm going to hope that Holtby is he difference and Adebayor comes back in form.

That should be a yellow

brunt being a dick

• Advertisement

Thank god Lloris is in form... God knows our Defence isn't.

Advertisement