Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom V Tottenham (Sun 3rd Feb)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

irishmover wrote: »
    As I said before seriously take it easy until we know we're not getting CL football...

What if Damaio was going to be a massive flop and we ended up paying over the odds for him? Bet it would be levy out aswell then too!

Ill give out hell along with you's if we miss out on CL football until then I'm going to hope that Holtby is he difference and Adebayor comes back in form.
    so you think its ok that for a club looking for cl football we only have 2 recognised strikers at the club, one of whom is clearly not bothered and gone to the african cup of nations for a period of time, the other is guaranteed to get injured every season and miss a few games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

tom1ie wrote: »
    so you think its ok that for a club looking for cl football we only have 2 recognised strikers at the club, one of whom is clearly not bothered and gone to the african cup of nations for a period of time, the other is guaranteed to get injured every season and miss a few games?

I agree with this, it is unacceptable for a club like us to leave ourselves so bare in one position. He only had since August to find us a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

In terms of $$$ yes it is perfectly fine if we get CL football. As I said Damaio could have been an awful flop and I bet you'd be giving out about that too...

It might leave us struggle to get CL football but at the end of the day if we manage to get it without splashing out money, which clearly seems we don't have, then we'll be 1000% better off.

Everytime anything doesn't go right people are so fast to judge Levy or AVB. Have your big rant if we screw up and as I said I'll join in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I think we are playing well

Bale and dembele playing well

Lloris looks very solid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

In terms of $$$ yes it is perfectly fine if we get CL football. As I said Damaio could have been an awful flop and I bet you'd be giving out about that too...

It might leave us struggle to get CL football but at the end of the day if we manage to get it without splashing out money, which clearly seems we don't have, then we'll be 1000% better off.

Everytime anything doesn't go right people are so fast to judge Levy or AVB. Have your big rant if we screw up and as I said I'll join in!

Fcuk Damaio, they may have been right there, but we could have gotten anyone for cover, even one on loan. To not sort any is laughable and embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Double post sorry...

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Fcuk Damaio, they may have been right there, but we could have gotten anyone for cover, even one on loan. To not sort any is laughable and embarrassing.

Loan & free transfer window isn't closed.

And really is there much out there that would be able to perform better than what we have?

Anyway back to the game, sloppy first half and probably lucky to not be a goal down...

ah your right! sure lets take that line of thought and never sign anyone because we clearly dont have any money and the risk would be far too great! The point is you have to spend money to get in the champions league. I'm not even talking about leandro damiao what abot trying to get a different striker just as cover for this eventuallity? it makes sense. Name 1 other club with cl ambitions who only have 1 striker available, and leave it like that during a transfer window? Even everton dont do that and they have no where near enough money as us!

Loan & free transfer window isn't closed.

And really is there much out there that would be able to perform better than what we have?

Anyway back to the game, sloppy first half and probably lucky to not be a goal down...

I think you are wrong there on the loan signings, free transfers yes not don't think we can loan anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

There's no might about it... It will be a massive struggle ! Relying on Dempsey for the next few games is not a team pushing for CL, surely you could say anyone is a flop unless your buying the likes of an RVP/Falcao player who is proven, a player that we can't afford. At least with Damaio we knew it might be a gamble but what a prospect to have a young strong Brazilian wonderkid at the club!

I reckon we're more likely to finish outside of the CL spots rather then in it after the transfer window.

Trust me I'm anything but anti AVB, same with levy to an extent. But whichever of them left it so late to sign a striker knowing we have only one proven injury prone striker at the helms seriously messed up and I hope they've realised it now.

Anyway... Here's hoping bale or holtby produces a goal now and sneaks away with 3ps for us

COYS

• Advertisement

Double post sorry...
    ah your right! sure lets take that line of thought and never sign anyone because we clearly dont have any money and the risk would be far too great! The point is you have to spend money to get in the champions league. I'm not even talking about leandro damiao what abot trying to get a different striker just as cover for this eventuallity? it makes sense. Name 1 other club with cl ambitions who only have 1 striker available, and leave it like that during a transfer window? Even everton dont do that and they have no where near enough money as us!

And just how fantastic would it be for you to be proved wrong...

So basically the way you're talking is that Spurs will 100% not get CL football because of not spending money on a striker in January... Well atleast I have an idea of your optimism anyway.

Just so you know, incase your memory serves you wrong. We're 4 points off 3rd spot at half time in a game which if we win would leave us 1 point having reached our 25th league game with 13 to go whilst only having Defoe and Adebayor as our strikers. With Adebayor being injured for a period of time at the start of the season and having no pre-season.

So in saying that, it doesn't look like we're doing too bad right now without having spent money on another striker who may or may not have been a success...

Also kingdomyid, you may be right about the loan window I just sort of recall it being in line with free transfers but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

popov sent 0fff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

He spat at him, the scumbag. Deserved red.

West Brom down to 10 men!

Good start to second half....

red for spitting in walkers face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Chelsea only have 2 strikers - same as us

Ade will be back next week

And just how fantastic would it be for you to be proved wrong...

So basically the way you're talking is that Spurs will 100% not get CL football because of not spending money on a striker in January... Well atleast I have an idea of your optimism anyway.

Just so you know, incase your memory serves you wrong. We're 4 points off 3rd spot at half time in a game which if we win would leave us 1 point having reached our 25th league game with 13 to go whilst only having Defoe and Adebayor as our strikers. With Adebayor being injured for a period of time at the start of the season and having no pre-season.

So in saying that, it doesn't look like we're doing too bad right now without having spent money on another striker who may or may not have been a success...

Also kingdomyid, you may be right about the loan window I just sort of recall it being in line with free transfers but could be wrong.

to be honest i hope im completely wrong and we do qualify for cl i really do. Its just that weve made it very hard on ourselves now and i blame the chairman. anyway back to the game!

lukaku subbed off for ridgewell happy days but long injured too i hope he is ok for the upcoming ireland game

to be honest i hope im completely wrong and we do qualify for cl i really do. Its just that weve made it very hard on ourselves now and i blame the chairman. anyway back to the game!

Aye same!.. Sorry if I may have been a little too direct and blunt... But realistically teams around us haven't improved hugely and we arguably have improved reasonably with Holtby. We have our hole (striker) but most clubs have weak areas.

I sincerely hope we win after that sending off and substitution.... But right now doesn't look like it..

Jaysus Dempsey, what are you shooting from there for!??!

• Advertisement

suicide ball for parker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

What a goal from Bale

Brilliant from Bale!! What a goal

WOW.....

b bale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

What a beauty Bale, two amazing goals in a week!

get the **** in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank **** for that!!! come on Burkino Faso :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Dig that out.

• Advertisement

holtby seems to be completley running midfield! its beautifull to watch!

Advertisement