Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom V Tottenham (Sun 3rd Feb)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

The fans have been absolute class.

COYS!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Game is far from over... Need a second goal..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

irishmover wrote: »
    Game is far from over... Need a second goal..

Big time! Some of the players seem a little nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Commentary is saying Defoe has ankle ligament damage, if true that's gotta be a spell on the sidelines. Leaves us very short upfront till Ade gets back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

siggi on for lennon to tear em up down the wing

• Advertisement

I think mickman mentioned that Ade will be back next week? We'll badly need him with Defoe out.

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think mickman mentioned that Ade will be back next week? We'll badly need him with Defoe out.

Pretty sure of they go all the way it would be only for 7 more days or so...

bale is down whacked in face by reid on a follow through

Clearly Bale dived there!

Sure Brunt and Reid didn't try break him up at all... Disgusting tackles and disgusting booing by west brom fans...

Thank Christ for that....

Great result after 3 draws in a row...

How long we unbeaten in the league again?

• Advertisement

Unbeaten in 9!

3points in the bag bale is ok! motm for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Huge win, I would have taken a draw if we'd won last week so back on track. We need Arsenal to dip in form though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Clearly Bale dived there!

Sure Brunt and Reid didn't try break him up at all... Disgusting tackles and disgusting booing by west brom fans...
    Some morons in that crowd alright,they should just shut their mouths and watch a world class player in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Excellent result. Clean sheet and for me a blessing in disguise with jDs injury.

Benny gets my motm

Great win,brilliant goal from Bale,us getting Holtby for under 2mil should be considered theft!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

Pretty sure of they go all the way it would be only for 7 more days or so...

That's good news, my fear now though is that if Defoe is out for a month or two we'll be having to wrap Ade in cotton wool.

Hopefully we'll see Defoe back to action soon, but if it looks like a fairly lengthy spell out I think we need to get someone in on loan if possible.

Well Bale could slot into that role. He looked comfortable playing central during the match to be honest... Whose to say he can't fill in if needed to.

I know there has been times it didn't work in the past but I reckon we have goal scoring options without Defoe. And also remember even though Defoe had a great first half to the season he hasn't scored in 8 games so its not like we're relying on him right now.

Newcastle will be a tough test but atleast we'll be at home.

Final of ACN is Feb 10th. Togo play 20.30 tonight. Should win quarter final and semi final is February 6th. So he'll miss the Newcastle game most likely but that should be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Final of ACN is Feb 10th. Togo play 20.30 tonight. Should win quarter final and semi final is February 6th. So he'll miss the Newcastle game most likely but that should be it.

We are all Burkino Faso fans tonight then, is crucial we have him back ASAP even at the cost of his own personal glory.

• Advertisement

Well I guess the other thing is our next league game after Newcastle is the 25th. As both our Lyon matches are up next after Newcastle.

So I guess unless we have him back for Newcastle it's not essential. However obviously winning the Europa League would be nice too but is sacrifice that if it meant CL football next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

My only issue at the moment is that we are so reliant on bale

If we didn't have him we would have lost at Norwich and drawn today

Missed the last 30 mins, how did holtby do ?

mickman wrote: »
    My only issue at the moment is that we are so reliant on bale

If we didn't have him we would have lost at Norwich and drawn today

Missed the last 30 mins, how did holtby do ?
    Holtby was everywhere,showed great workrate,should be great for us when he settles in a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭eoinola

i dont post much but just saw this and am amazed - does levy not look at the stats at all.. we have anreal amount of attempts, corners etc - the return? nothing!!!!! Madness

Stats v West Brom!!

Shots
    On target
    Corners

eoinola wrote: »
    i dont post much but just saw this and am amazed - does levy not look at the stats at all.. we have anreal amount of attempts, corners etc - the return? nothing!!!!! Madness

Stats v West Brom!!

Shots
    On target
    Corners

Just to add to this, before that game we had 107 shots and 6 goals recently. So we're now at 128 to 7 goals. Not sure how many games back that goes, guessing our last 7 goals counted backwards would tell you...

Unfortunately this is an all too common statistic with us this season. We've easily created the most chances on goal this season and I'd imagine have one of the lowest conversion rates. Imagine if we had someone who would just be in the right place at the right time?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hopefully Ade has found some form, looking forward to seeing him and Holtby together

SuprSi wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is an all too common statistic with us this season. We've easily created the most chances on goal this season and I'd imagine have one of the lowest conversion rates. Imagine if we had someone who would just be in the right place at the right time?!

I believe we've created 50+ more chances than man utd this season. With RVP with us I believe we could be in a similar opsition in the league...

Although in saying that Liverpool have created similar amount of chances..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

eoinola wrote: »

Stats v West Brom!!

Shots
    On target
    Corners

It's been said many times on here mate, if we had a top striker, we'd be in the title hunt, no doubts about it.

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »
    It's been said many times on here mate, if we had a top striker, we'd be in the title hunt, no doubts about it.

Yeh but really there's nobody that can provide that form and cost within our budget along with the wage structure.

As I said before no point blowing money Spurs clearly don't have just because we cant convert all these chances...

Would be great if we had a scouting system able to discover a Michu or the like.

What happened with AVB's scouting mission to Brazil before joining Spurs?! Seems it was a worthless trip..

Advertisement