Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom V Tottenham (Sun 3rd Feb)

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh but really there's nobody that can provide that form and cost within our budget along with the wage structure.

As I said before no point blowing money Spurs clearly don't have just because we cant convert all these chances...

You keep going on about us not being able to afford, when we are a very healthy club and not in debt like Man Utd. We turned a loss last year, but look at the facilities that have been built a Spurs Lodge. We need Champions League and a new stadium, investing now in a proven goal scorer would pay for itself. The money for Modric and VDV has not been reinvested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You keep going on about us not being able to afford, when we are a very healthy club and not in debt like Man Utd. We turned a loss last year, but look at the facilities that have been built a Spurs Lodge. We need Champions League and a new stadium, investing now in a proven goal scorer would pay for itself. The money for Modric has not been reinvested

When was the last time we splashed the cash? We made a profit last summer in terms of transfers in & out. We have not spent much money in the last few years. We got CL football and still didnt spend big.

They're trying to get a Stadium built which is probably why our transfer spending is down and the FFP rules is another thing, whether that comes into fruition or not Levy still mentioned that in the report on the clubs losses.

We do not look as healthy as we hope, and also Man Utd's revenue is almost three times that of Spurs so yeh. In terms of revenue alone we should be 6th in the league.

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, we would be in a much much better situation in the summer to sign the players we need for the correct price if we can secure CL football. Splashing the cash on Damaio at the end of the window may have been far too costly. Resulting in us having a flop due to a rash decision, signed for too much money and thus not being in a position to sign the correct players in the summer for the correct price and who'll also get a pre-season with the club.

Anyway, I think there's not much point in continuously discussing what could have been when the window is closed a few days and our squad is how it is. We're still very much in contention currently for a top 4 finish as long as a few key players dont get injured. I think this is about all I'm going to say really on the matter until the season finishes and we discover the faith of the club.

Holtby surely must have eased your worries though.

Advertisement