Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub that's open at 10am on Saturday

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Meeting up with some old mates tommorrow. Is there any pubs that are open and serving at 10am?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

snaps wrote: »
    Meeting up with some old mates tommorrow. Is there any pubs that are open and serving at 10am?

I think Freeney's pub is open on Quay Street but not 100% on that.
    Several hotels will be open I'm sure around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Buskers opens at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I suspect opening time isn't officially 'til 10:30. But you might be successful in Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

http://www.galwaycitypubguide.com/

If the opening hours aren't up trying ringing a few.

Anyone that opens for breakfast will be open at 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

amiable wrote: »
    I think Freeney's pub is open on Quay Street but not 100% on that.
    Several hotels will be open I'm sure around the city.
    High Street. Id agree on Woodquay, you might even get in before 9 if you know the right knock.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

10.30 is fine but I know a lot of places don't open till midday-ish!

I know the law is 10.30, but many places don't open till later. Thanks guys, anywhere in the centre is grand. Would be great to have a meeting place arranged 1st. I can ring before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

i see a super saturday happening :D. Rugby all evening would be class....

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

I know the law is 10.30, but many places don't open till later. Thanks guys, anywhere in the centre is grand. Would be great to have a meeting place arranged 1st. I can ring before hand.

Failing that, bottle o' bucky up behind the cathedral, if the weather is with ye :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Garveys

• Advertisement

Zzippy wrote: »
    Garveys

Now thats a blast from the past, used to be my old haunt when i lived in Galway. Ill give them a ring so. Fairly handy place as well with the train station and bus station nearby. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't think there's any early houses left in the city.
    An Pucan maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The Market Licences still exist. Not sure if Taffes, Murphys etc. still use them though.

The Market Licences still exist. Not sure if Taffes, Murphys etc. still use them though.

Yes i remember having a pint early in the "Trad" pub opposite Taffs,next to Bank of Ireland

Opening time officially is 10.30 by law? So even if we have to wait somewhere for a few minutes, its not the end of the world! A few of us are all getting into Galway around 10, thats why im asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,468 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Yep 10-30 but the Market Pubs can open at 8 on a Saturday if they are keeping up the licence. I'm never in town that early these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes i remember having a pint early in the "Trad" pub opposite Taffs,next to Bank of Ireland

Opening time officially is 10.30 by law? So even if we have to wait somewhere for a few minutes, its not the end of the world! A few of us are all getting into Galway around 10, thats why im asking.

Coili's still has the market license but he doesn't usually use it to open. Doesn't have a tv either so no good for rugby heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

High Street. Id agree on Woodquay, you might even get in before 9 if you know the right knock.;)

Sorry. I'm a blow in :)

I know I watched a Rugby match in Freeney's early one Saturday morning a couple of years ago.

Advertisement