Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in East Wall

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

Possibly looking at renting in East Wall near church road....what 's the area like?is there many shops around the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

OP - If you punch in East Wall into the Search box, you'll find quite a few threads talking about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

As above.

The jumbo thread is to be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205297 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 tumblyboo

Hi everyone,
    I have read all the posts about East Wall. Just looking for more up to date information. I am moving into Church Road soon. Any advice/tips/ info on the area?
    Thank you.
    ; )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ALDI already here and LIDL coming soon.

Any social issues?I will be walking to and from work daily, I presume this is okay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

tumblyboo wrote: »
    Any social issues?I will be walking to and from work daily, I presume this is okay?

Where will you be working?

City centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

City centre

North/South? (D1/2?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Absolutely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maryellen Walton

Grew up there, very nice people, close to town, sea, park...has everything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Replicate

I've lived in EW for six years now and work down on the quays. Never any issues. You'll be fine, EW used to have a bad rep and unfortunately it still sticks. It's got an interesting mix of different types of people and I enjoy living here. The only thing that bothers me is the littering, illegal dumping and dog poop..

Thanks replicate. Good to hear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

If working on the Quays and coming from East Wall I would avoid Sheriff Street area and especially the pub there.

Its a very dodgy area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

East wall is a great area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭mruser2014

If working on the Quays and coming from East Wall I would avoid Sheriff Street/commons road area and especially the pub there.

Its a very dodgy area.

Is there a way to get to the quays if avoiding Sheriff St?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Replicate

I usually come over East Road and then walk up through IFSC or along the canal. The part of Sheriff street that is further up isn't bad, loads of people walk there to and from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Upper Sheriff St at the Point Village / Castleforbes Road end is perfectly safe. Remember the new headquarters for the Central Bank is very close by and when it opens in 2016 it will transform the area.

Advertisement