Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery trouble

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

So one of the lads in work forgot his charger and spare battery, I gave him my charger and a battery until his was charged. he then dropped my battery, its an ego type battery like a twist, and the button got pushed in. trying to get it out and it turns on but then stays on. any idea how to get the button back out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

try a pliers to pull it out as far as it will go maybe? hope it slots back into place properly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Is the button Physically stuck in or do you mean the light stays on when you let go of the button

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Vaperus wrote: »
    Is the button Physically stuck in or do you mean the light stays on when you let go of the button

Button is physically stuck in and when i tried to get it out it pressed in slightly and stayed on.

I'll see what i can do with it when i get home and can get at it with my tool kit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This happened to me as well,its like the spring behind the button moves.You won't get it back to the way it was as in "clicky" but if you press down and wiggle it a little bit you might be able to pop it out from where it is caught under the metal.Once the button is evened up it should work as normal but it will still look pressed in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You'll probably need to get something in behind it like a small pin or something and push it out from behind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement