Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chinese run Chinese restaurants

Options
  • 01-02-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

I used to frequent these places quite a bit, but havent in recent years.

I'm talking about the type of places that have an English menu, and then a seperate Chinese menu with all the very localised Chinese items on them.

Was just wondering if anyone had a view on this? In any different part of the country......obviously all the big cities have their own area where there might be clusters of these places.....

Particularly interested in ones that do good vegetarian/ tofu dishes.

Also, not exclusively Chinese but any Asian restaurants really, in that district.

Please Note: I have read the Forum Guidelines.......I think this question is really only going to be answered by people who are Foodies.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

As long as you are willing to take responses from all over the country, this thread is fine here.

Your last thread was moved because it referred only to a very specific part of Dublin city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

China Sichuan in Sandyford is amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

A Chinese girl at work took a gang of us to "M & L Szechuan Chinese Restaurant" which is off O Connell St last year. It was like you describe with the seperate English and Chinese menus, (and you pay less from the Chinese manu than the English menu!) real authentic, lots of Chinese people eating there too which is always a good sign. Food was fab and very reasonably priced, was a great night out...should really go back there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I think I mentioned M & L in your thread that was in Dublin City. It really is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've never been crazy with M&L - it seems like they keep some of the real Chinese food back. But I've been hearing more positive things about it lately, so I'll try again.

Two of my other favourites are the Hilan on Capel Street (Chinese & Korean), and Mandarin House on Parnell St.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Yuan ming yuan is the place our chinese friends bring us to in Cork. Princes street. Chinese menu and english menu. Taro root dumplings are the bees knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

pwurple wrote: »
    Yuan ming yuan is the place our chinese friends bring us to in Cork. Princes street. Chinese menu and english menu. Taro root dumplings are the bees knees.
    Best/only decent Chinese in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Phoenix Court in Carrick on Shannon. Totally amazing. Food is first class and the service amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/phoenix.court.73?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

pwurple wrote: »

Thumb up for this restaurant. Very nice food and lovely helpful staff. Selection of Dim Sum also available.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Is there a restaurant that uses no MSG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Chans restaurant in Wexford Town is excellent.

Advertisement