Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roundabout lanes changed

Options
  • 01-02-2013 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Roundabout in Clonmel, Tipperary seems to be causing havoc after the council changed the lanes on it. It's the main roundabout out of town near the railway bridge. Just had a near one today which resulted in ME getting beeped out of it by some woman in a Renault Megane even though I was in the correct lane. It used to be left lane for left and straight, right lane for right only. Changed to left lane for left only, right lane for straight and right. Pulled in straight after the roundabout and beckoned her to pull in as well but she drove on. Followed her out the road and flashed her and beckoned her to pull in again but instead she started tapping on the brakes. Had to turn off then so I said f*ck her, let her hit someone and then she'll know all about it!!

I only wanted to explain that they'd changed the lanes recently. Many people have not noticed, although they have put in painted arrows around the place and a sign before it saying "Lanes changed" with a picture of the lanes and what to do but most people don't see it at all so I felt I could help her by telling her about it to avoid her hitting someone.

So anyone driving in Clonmel town area, pay attention coming to the Fethard Road roundabout when exiting the town as people are all over the place on it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

She beeped YOU! The cheek of her!
    You were obviously right then to chase after & tailgate her flashing lights and waving at her to pull in.

Ffs man let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

So anyone driving in Clonmel town area, pay attention coming to the Fethard Road roundabout when exiting the town as people are all over the place on it! or I'll hunt you down, flash you and swear at you!

proper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Cungi wrote: »
    She beeped YOU! The cheek of her!
    You were obviously right then to chase after & tailgate her flashing lights and waving at her to pull in.

Ffs man let it go.

Where in gods name did I say tailgate?!?!? I kept my distance. But you assume what you want buddy. I'd put up a dashcam video for you but unfortunately I don't wish to waste my time.

And it's called decency you know, letting someone know lanes have changed to avoid them being in an accident in future so they don't cause disruption to everyone and embarrassment to themselves. But if you feel I should let people crash all over the place on the roundabout and not try and do something about for the sake of themselves then okay then, I'll take your advice :rolleyes:

. Followed her out the road and flashed her and beckoned her to pull in again but instead she started tapping on the brakes.

So she starts tapping the brakes but youre not tailgating her? That dosent make sense.
    Where in gods name did I say tailgate?!?!? I kept my distance. But you assume what you want buddy.

Why was she tapping her brakes then?
    And it's called decency you know, letting someone know lanes have changed to avoid them being in an accident in future so they don't cause disruption to everyone and embarrassment to themselves. But if you feel I should let people crash all over the place on the roundabout and not try and do something about for the sake of themselves then okay then, I'll take your advice :rolleyes:

Stop with the drama.
    Is it decency to chase after someone flashing and waving?
    You probably made her scared ****less.
    I'm not disputing that this woman was in the wrong but you need to handle it better.

So she starts tapping the brakes but youre not tailgating her? That dosent make sense.

Stop with the drama.
    I'm not disputing that this woman was in the wrong but you need to handle it better.

I love how you assume I tailgated her, even after I saying I DID NOT TAILGATE! She just started tapping on the brakes for a full kilometre going from 80km down to 50 or 60 and then back to 80 and so on for the time I was following her. And you're making it more dramatic than me saying I "chased" her as if we were bombing it out the road doing 150... I was going that way anyway so "chase" is a bit over the top.

Also I flashed 3 times and pointed to the left to ask her to pull in and then she started her little brake spasms which is reasonable I would have thought? How else was I gonna let her know? I didn't see any other way at the time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Stop with the drama.

Hopefully she was scared sh1tless and starts to pay attention on the roads in future.
    Well played op I hate these idiots that drive around in a bubble noticing nothing.

I love how you assume I tailgated her, even after I saying I DID NOT TAILGATE! She just started tapping on the brakes for a full kilometre going from 80km down to 50 or 60 and then back to 80 and so on for the time I was following her. And you're making it more dramatic than me saying I "chased" her as if we were bombing it out the road doing 150... I was going that way anyway so "chase" is a bit over the top.

Also I flashed 3 times and pointed to the left to ask her to pull in and then she started her little brake spasms which is reasonable I would have thought? How else was I gonna let her know? I didn't see any other way at the time...

Yes i assumed you were tailgating from what you posted. Maybe you should have made it clearer?

As i said just let it go. Its not up to you to "let her know" Thats up to the Gardai. If you had a problem with her driving, call them.
    Hopefully she was scared sh1tless and starts to pay attention on the roads in future.
    Well played op I hate these idiots that drive around in a bubble noticing nothing.

And if that was your mother/ sister/ wife being followed would you still think the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Perhaps she was frightened. Perhaps maybe it was you behind her flashing your lights and gesticulating that caused her to panic.

I am sure the Gardai would be interested in her tale of being unnerved by a man following her, flashing his lights, driving aggressively and beckoning her to pull in to the side of the road whilst she was out driving on the public highway on her own.

Yes i assumed you were tailgating from what you posted. Maybe you should have made it clearer?

As i said just let it go. Its not up to you to "let her know" Thats up to the Gardai. If you had a problem with her driving, call them.

And if that was your mother/ sister/ wife being followed would you still think the same?

Well shur I'll have to put in everything then: I was doing the speed limit, I used my indicator, my tyres were not bald... Put in as much as I can and someone will probably still pick out something to accuse me of :rolleyes:

And I know what you're saying but firstly, they won't do anything? Secondly, she'll probably hit someone there before hand. And it's an unbelieveably busy road so there's nothing to worry about by pulling over. Especially since I'm only 5' 10" and not mean looking. She had at least a couple inches on me and a few pounds to boot :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

@Cungi:
    Ffs man let it go.

• Advertisement

TonyStark wrote: »
    Perhaps she was frightened. Perhaps maybe it was you behind her flashing your lights and gesticulating that caused her to panic.

I am sure the Gardai would be interested in her tale of being unnerved by a man following her, flashing his lights, driving aggressively and beckoning her to pull in to the side of the road whilst she was out driving on the public highway on her own.

We have conflicting definitions of aggressive driving then! Lets see: Driving within the limit, indicating and using correct lanes, leaving correct distance, and beckoning a driver to pull over by pointing to the side of the road and flashing to get her attention firstly...... oh yeah, sooooooo aggressive :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

wanting a Lady to pull over like that is not the best idea....I'd advise anyone not to pull over except for a marked Gard car in that situation

Well shur I'll have to put in everything then: I was doing the speed limit, I used my indicator, my tyres were not bald... Put in as much as I can and someone will probably still pick out something to accuse me of :rolleyes:

Well it does help if we have all the facts ;)
    And I know what you're saying but firstly, they won't do anything? Secondly, she'll probably hit someone there before hand. And it's an unbelieveably busy road so there's nothing to worry about by pulling over. Especially since I'm only 5' 10" and not mean looking. She had at least a couple inches on me and a few pounds to boot :o

Have to admit, your last comment did make me chuckle. But the thing is she dosent know what size you are. A woman on her own being followed would be probably be very scared

Dont get me wrong i understand she was driving like a plank but you didnt help matters by following her. The fact that she started tapping brakes could have led to an accident

And regarding the Gardai doing nothing, well they wont unless its reported.
    T-Maxx wrote: »
    @Cungi:
    Ffs man let it go.

Thats some damn good advice :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

haha bad form lawless i think you should follow the advice of a previous poster and let it go... all a bit strange if you ask me

corktina wrote: »
    wanting a Lady to pull over like that is not the best idea....I'd advise anyone not to pull over except for a marked Gard car in that situation

Well okay, maybe not but if I ever honk at anyone and they try get me to pull in, I will, and I'll get out and state my case in a unprovoking manner so as not to cause any aggro. If you're gonna honk, always be prepared for someone to jump out and question you. It happened me with a man in a white van and I told him why although he called me a few names I just said "well if you want I'll hit you next time" and he gave me the finger and drove off. But at least he knows what he did wrong. I always think it's better to prevent than sit back and do nothing.

Have to admit, your last comment did make me chuckle. But the thing is she dosent know what size you are. A woman on her own being followed would be probably be very scared

Dont get me wrong i understand she was driving like a plank but you didnt help matters by following her. The fact that she started tapping brakes could have led to an accident

And regarding the Gardai doing nothing, well they wont unless its reported.

Sexism ;)

Well I just don't see that it's aggressive is all. If I drove up her @rse, constantly flashing and honking then I can see that being aggressive but not my way? Alls I wanted to do was avoid her hitting someone :( Especially because I have a feeling she may be a native to the area as her reg plate was in a local company holder. I just stayed further back when she started doing silly things like that tbf

EireGreg wrote: »
    haha bad form lawless i think you should follow the advice of a previous poster and let it go... all a bit strange if you ask me

Hmm.... I'm beginning to regret that user name now :/

But I was only trying to do good. Never know, could be you delayed an hour someday when she tips someone there and wants the guards called before the cars are moved because she thinks she's right ;)

ahh yea i no its very frustrating but i think your better off just looking after your own car and space if someone hits you so be it there in the wrong, your only wasting your own time to be honest following her, there is to many ****3 drivers out there no point mate not worth it

Sexism ;)

Well I just don't see that it's aggressive is all. If I drove up her @rse, constantly flashing and honking then I can see that being aggressive but not my way? Alls I wanted to do was avoid her hitting someone :(

You don't have to be agressive to scare someone. If she's constantly looking in her mirror at the "deranged lunatic" (Her version of incident possibly)
    then she wont be paying complete attention to whats in front of her and could cause an accident
    But I was only trying to do good. Never know, could be you delayed an hour someday when she tips someone there and wants the guards called before the cars are moved because she thinks she's right ;)

But youre "doing good" could result in an accident and tbh i'd rather be stuck in an hour delay watching Gards and people bicker than drive past a bloody accident scene.

ahh yea i no its very frustrating but i think your better off just looking after your own car and space if someone hits you so be it there in the wrong, your only wasting your own time to be honest following her, there is to many ****3 drivers out there no point mate not worth it

I just see it as a huge inconvenience to damage your car and then have insurance companies coming into it and getting quotes and losing your car to get it fixed and all that... effort

Although on the plus side, I suppose you would bring business to the local garages :p

• Advertisement

You don't have to be agressive to scare someone. If she's constantly looking in her mirror at the "deranged lunatic" (Her version of incident possibly)
    then she wont be paying complete attention to whats in front of her and could cause an accident

But youre "doing good" could result in an accident and tbh i'd rather be stuck in an hour delay watching Gards and people bicker than drive past a bloody accident scene.

Haha deranged lunatic. Just made me think of a humorous image
    But yeah I never thought of it like that. I guess you're right in that respect.

But i have come to the conclusion that anyone that has not got the intelligence to understand a car is a dangerous tool when its is been drove
    inappropriately ie texting , doing make up , drink driving etc etc wont be the type of person to listen to advice that is given to them ya no

But i have come to the conclusion that anyone that has not got the intelligence to understand a car is a dangerous tool when its is been drove
    inappropriately ie texting , doing make up , drink driving etc etc wont be the type of person to listen to advice that is given to them ya no

Oh yeah I wouldn't even bother with them. They know what they're doing and that it's illegal and dangerous. It's just when an innocent motorist (I think) doesn't actually know what they've done wrong is where you can actually help them. Especially when the council change the roundabout system after 30 or 40 years of it being there and everyone just assumes it's the same as they made no announcements. It was a bad move by them I think because even my sister had no clue until I let her know and she doing her driving test on Monday! Would have been a disaster if she was taken on that route

We have conflicting definitions of aggressive driving then! Lets see: Driving within the limit, indicating and using correct lanes, leaving correct distance, and beckoning a driver to pull over by pointing to the side of the road and flashing to get her attention firstly...... oh yeah, sooooooo aggressive :rolleyes:

You're not a Garda (I hope at least).

It's the beckoning the driver to pull over and to come over to a stop just after what you deem to be a busy roundabout that I have a problem with. What would happen if a car smashed into the back of you when you were pulled over? Or you get hit by a car when your are on the roadside telling them how their driving sucks.

In short it's not your job to police the roads or preach the road traffic act to anyone. If their driving is such a concern then report them to traffic watch and let the Gardai do what they are paid for.

You're not a Garda (I hope at least).

It's the beckoning the driver to pull over and to come over to a stop just after what you deem to be a busy roundabout that I have a problem with. What would happen if a car smashed into the back of you when you were pulled over? Or you get hit by a car when your are on the roadside telling them how their driving sucks.

In short it's not your job to police the roads or preach the road traffic act to anyone. If their driving is such a concern then report them to traffic watch and let the Gardai do what they are paid for.

Oh god... you're gonna hate this but... I'm hoping to apply next year :o

And to clarify yet another point, the place I beckoned to pull into is a large tarmac area off the road. If they smashed into us they'd have to drive around railing and literally swerve about 5 metres off the road.

And again, I was trying to do her a favour in case she hits someone. Being in a tip is one of the worst experiences a driver can have so saving someone that misery for 2 minutes of talking seemed alright to me tbh

Oh god... you're gonna hate this but... I'm hoping to apply next year :o

And to clarify yet another point, the place I beckoned to pull into is a large tarmac area off the road. If they smashed into us they'd have to drive around railing and literally swerve about 5 metres off the road.

And again, I was trying to do her a favour in case she hits someone. Being in a tip is one of the worst experiences a driver can have so saving someone that misery for 2 minutes of talking seemed alright to me tbh

Not really the way it's coming across... There must be better ways to talk to girls :-)

Not really the way it's coming across... There must be better ways to talk to girls :-)

Couldn't see any other way at the time. And she p!ssed me off with her braking games but I suppose she probably just thought I was a d!ck :L

I find alcohol to be great usually but I don't mix it with driving so I'm stuck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

you should try the madness of the roundabouts in castlebar

Say your coming into town from the n5 you have to be in the left lane to go straight on, at the next roundabout you have to be in the right lane to go straight on.

noone outside castlebar knows this and you see all the other cars with non mayo registrations all over the place.

I had a road rage incident with a guy in a red van who proceeded to block me in at the next roundabout and give out to me i was in the wrong lane, i told to go back and look at the f***king signs. I should have gfone to the cops about him, i had a ton of witness behind me.

irishgeo wrote: »

Say your coming into town from the n5 you have to be in the left lane to go straight on, at the next roundabout you have to be in the right lane to go straight on.

noone outside castlebar knows this and you see all the other cars with non mayo registrations all over the place.

I had a road rage incident with a guy in a red van who proceeded to block me in at the next roundabout and give out to me i was in the wrong lane, i told to go back and look at the f***king signs. I should have gfone to the cops about him, i had a ton of witness behind me.
    +1 for this. They seemed to have designed the roundabouts in contravention to best practice!

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »

Actually that seems to be the case with this roundabout now. There's a string of about 4 roundabouts and every road into them has the same rule: Left lane for straight and left, right lane for right. All 12 roads into the roundabouts have had this rule for at least the last 20 years and now suddenly they have changed only 1. And it wasn't working bad the old way either. Bit of congestion sometimes but usually it wouldn't be overly bad... except coursing day. It's shocking then!

Advertisement