Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child related organisation to donate kids DVDs to?

Options
  • 01-02-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

It looks like our 5-y/o wants to use her tablet or our XBMC system to watch movies from now on.

Any ideas where we could donate some Dora/Diego/etc where they'd get good mileage from children who need them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

SVP.ie springs to mind.
    On Merchant's Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Agree SVP or Cope, perhaps Waterside House?

http://www.copegalway.ie/services/domestic/6-watersidehouse.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

or maybe the childrens unit in UCHG?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

I'd second Cope Waterside House. I'm not sure what SVP would be able to do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Little My wrote: »
    I'd second Cope Waterside House. I'm not sure what SVP would be able to do with them.

VdP would sell them, and use the proceeds to fund the other work they do. So doesn't really fit the OPs desired profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

VdP would sell them, and use the proceeds to fund the other work they do. So doesn't really fit the OPs desired profile.

That's what I meant. In that they don't go round donating used DVD's to needy families.

Advertisement