Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some information on replacing VFC SCAR tappet plate

• 01-02-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.
    Just a small informative post about replacing the tappet plate in VFC SCARs.
    We've seen a few of these break over the years and its nigh on impossible to find replacement OEM tappet plates in stock anywhere.

Using non-VFC tappet plates as replacements can result in mis-feeding/spitting problems. I found the solution over the weekend, which requires replacing the air nozzle also.

What we used was a standard Ultimate (Lonex) V2 tappet plate. However using just this tappet plate by itself, along with the VFC air nozzle will result in mis-feeding as mentioned above. The reason for this is that the Ultimate tappet plate sits 1.5-2mm further forwards inside the gearbox casing, compared to the factory one. This causes the air nozzle to sit 1.5-2mm further forwards also, which causes the feeding problems. Note that the VFC SCARs already feature a tappet plate delayer on the sector gear, in case you're thinking one of these might solve the problem.

So simply put, you need to use the Ultimate tappet plate in conjunction with an air nozzle that is 1.5mm-2mm shorter.

So I combined the Ultimate V2 tappet plate with an Ultimate M16A1/XM177/CAR15 air nozzle. This produces exactly the same fps and feeds flawlessly.

Hope that helps someone out. ;)

Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Sir Gibbsalot

i have been having a problem with a vfc m16 with replacing the tappet plate as well. the problem is that both the gears and the tappet plate have been changed. i have tried both using a ultimate tappet plate and the Ultimate M16A1/XM177/CAR15 air nozzle but to no avail. is there any fix that you can think of since you have had experience with vfc products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Hi there.
    When you say to no avail, what exactly is the problem? Is the air nozzle not allowing BBs into the hop-up unit or is the power very poor?

Advertisement