Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel In Ennis

• 01-02-2013 1:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37

Hi,
    Going to Ennis for book club and wondering about hotels.Any recommendations? Have eaten in bar in Temple Gate and been inside Old Ground,but after that,don't know any of the hotels.I did see one of the members say that the Old Ground is good for food especially allergy situations so am leaning that way but would love any advice.Does the OG have car park? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Janrey wrote: »
    Hi,
    Going to Ennis for book club and wondering about hotels.Any recommendations? Have eaten in bar in Temple Gate and been inside Old Ground,but after that,don't know any of the hotels.I did see one of the members say that the Old Ground is good for food especially allergy situations so am leaning that way but would love any advice.Does the OG have car park? Thanks.

it has plenty of parking and is a lovely hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

I've stayed in the Temple Gate and the West County. I prefer the hostel over both of them. We got a private room for around €22 each here - http://www.rowantreehostel.ie

The food is wonderful in the restaurant/café next door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Páid wrote: »
    I've stayed in the Temple Gate and the West County. I prefer the hostel over both of them. We got a private room for around €22 each here - http://www.rowantreehostel.ie

The food is wonderful in the restaurant/café next door.
    I don't know anything about the accommodation in the 'Rowan Tree Hostel' but certainly they've a great name for food. The location is lovely, overlooking the River Fergus and it's right in the centre of town.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've stayed in the Old Ground, it was very nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Janrey

Thanks for help.Temple Gate won out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Janrey wrote: »
    Thanks for help.Temple Gate won out

We stayed there (templegate) a couple months back and really liked it. Ate in the restaurant there too and it was v nice. Loved the location, it is literally in the middle of the town so we parked the car Fri evening and didn't use it for the rest of the weekend. Few good pubs down the street too from the hotel.

Advertisement