Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Platinum credit card

Options
  • 01-02-2013 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was kindly offered my platinum credit card off AIB during the boom with a minimum credit limit of €15,000. Which I always cleared monthly however the balance is around €9,000. And I want to clear it within the year but with a rate of 16.8% the monthly interest is quite high(it was like 9% when I got the card).

Do banks still offer interest free transfer or are they gone now? If not would it be cheaper to get a loan off the Credit union around 8-10% and clear it that way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd def go with the loan from the credit union, you'd need proof you can afford to pay it and a portion of the loan as shares.

Advertisement