Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Nice lineup so far gonna hit this again this year if im around its a great spot for a festival and if the weather is anything like last year it will be brilliant..i got a serious sun tan last year:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

19819_10151428438808686_405605827_n.png

Big announcement for this at 5pm according to festival twitter page..any ideas?

Scuba said he's playing a festival in Ireland and it would be announced soon, so this would be the most likely one. no ideas after that, so many acts it could be really!

Scuba said he's playing a festival in Ireland and it would be announced soon, so this would be the most likely one. no ideas after that, so many acts it could be really!

He would be a nice addition similar to Klock & Dettmann last year and they rocked the place on the Sunday..we'll find out soon enough

• Advertisement

Laurent Garnier, thought there'd be more than 1 addition tbh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Meh.

A big fat meh

RBMA Stage, don't think Krystal Klear or Toby Kaar were announced previously....
    it says on FB that the sets on here will be recorded and available to stream afterwards too :)

537405_10151503578623686_580407444_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

are there 1 day tickets for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rastadoyle wrote: »
    are there 1 day tickets for this?

It seems to be just weekend camping tickets available on their website anyway.
    http://www.life-festival.com/index.php/tickets/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

bold question but am going to ask it anyway: I love my tunes but have always avoided Life because of the alleged amount of boys n girls who aren't afraid to start a scrap, rob someones tent and cause general misery. However with 16 festivals under my belt and countless nights on the tiles I have bought a ticket. I'm going to find out what the buzz is like either way! Is there an unprecedented number of head wreckers down at this or would the likes of oxegen be worse or just as bad????

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Rastadoyle

was there in 2009 and 2010 and thought it was grand but no idea how its been last few years

pretty much all the reports from the last few years have been that it's fine. still a few heads around, so just keep your wits about you and don't bring anything expensive, same as any festival really.
    from the photos and videos it seems fine anyway, and people i know who've gone (who certainly wouldn't be scumbags) go every year, so must be fairly ok!

Here is reviews I done of Life Festival 2011, 2012. Life festival is an immensely laid back festival with a nice mix of electronica, reggae and dance music, go for it, you'll not regret it. http://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2011/06/01/life-festival-2011/ http://niallmcquaid.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/life-festival-2012-mullingar-ireland-25th-27th-may-2/

Iv been to most of the life festivals over the years and iv never had a bit of bother at any of them..the only time i saw hassle was the year they had John Digweed playing, other than that its a fairly relaxed festival with a really good vibe and a great way to start the festival season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

A big fat meh

Garnier was super at Timewarp and I was totally meh about him as well!

ams wrote: »
    Garnier was super at Timewarp and I was totally meh about him as well!
    i was watching this just now, and it's pretty good tbf. presume it's a DJ set and not live at Life

Was at the Galway briefing for volunteers today and the word from the organisers is that Life is on its way to selling out, so get out there and snap them up before its too late. Probably one of the nicest festival line ups in Ireland this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Was at the Galway briefing for volunteers today and the word from the organisers is that Life is on its way to selling out, so get out there and snap them up before its too late. Probably one of the nicest festival line ups in Ireland this summer.

As much as I wouldn't be surprised that that is true, is there not a possibility that they are doing that as a marketing ploy to drum up sales?

Anyway, anyone know where's a good place to get tents, not too expensive but will do the job? What are Lidl tents like?

• Advertisement

Is there day splits for this yet, will do some checking around on the net and try and come up with some day splits.

Is there day splits for this yet, will do some checking around on the net and try and come up with some day splits.

I came up with this so far.

Friday
    Saturday
    Sunday
    Groove Armada
    Laurent Garnier
    Modeselektor
    Seth Troxler
    Booka Shade
    Kerri Chandler
    Mmoths

Fridays looking pretty sweet so far if im right with the dates

Getting excited now, I hope the Groove Armada DJs play this track, will go ape**** if they do, one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Anyway, anyone know where's a good place to get tents, not too expensive but will do the job? What are Lidl tents like?

I got a 3 man in Dunnes for around 10-15e when I went to Creamfields, was just for myself but I didn't mind a bit of extra room!. It poured down from the heavens but I didn't see a drop of rain on the inside of it so I'd thoroughly recommend one from there!.

cup of tea wrote: »
    I got a 3 man in Dunnes for around 10-15e when I went to Creamfields, was just for myself but I didn't mind a bit of extra room!. It poured down from the heavens but I didn't see a drop of rain on the inside of it so I'd thoroughly recommend one from there!.

Oddly got a great 4 man of seriously quality on sale at 53degrees north for 50 - probably just a once off to be honest - you just missed a lidl outdoor sale 2 weeks ago - dont know if they keep older stuff on the floor - worth a look - wouldn't go near the dunnes tents if they dot have an outer and inner sheet - better of looking at Argos ones or some of the army stores if ur in Dublin city around capel st area

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

Anyone know what the capacity is this year??

Getting excited now!

Magnetics wrote: »
    Anyone know what the capacity is this year??

Getting excited now!

The same as Body & Soul festival, about 5,000 capacity.

Hey lads what's the story with bars and bringing booze down? Is it campsite only?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BananaR

Officially, it's the same as any other festival re:bringing cans from campsite into music arena which has bars etc. Not very strictly enforced in my experience but that can still vary from year to year/different times of day/night

In the same vein, anyone remember if there was an off-license on site last year and did they do pre-orders?

Have to bus it this year, and carrying a slab of beer won't be an option....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 JamesMcAteer93

Is there anyone looking to organise a bus from the Cork area to life festival? We already have seven people. The more people we find the cheaper it will be.

Advertisement