Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

If anyone is heading up from the Limerick area next week and needs a lift iv 2 spare seats going just throw in a few quid for fuel..pm if interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Whats the skanger ratio like at this?

Lidl have 2 man dome tents for 30 euro pop in things

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sasta there will be the odd amount of rough pill heads there, but they are easy enough to avoid and the festival is nothing like the Oxegen reputation of yore. Most attendees are fairly easy going and laid back, most are just here to have a good time. I wonder how the tickets are selling for this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Well thats my roster set out for next weekend, Friday 10 am - 6 pm and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm. I canna wait, roll on Life fest will be setting up tent next Thursday on the Belvedere house estate woo hoo :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

hopefully the weather for Sunday and early next week keeps up until next weekend :D

• Advertisement

Facebook

Groove Armada pulled out..not a bad replacement :D

unfortunately today we have some sad news. It's with a heavy heart that we have to announce that Groove Armada will be unable to perform at Life Festival 2013
    We received the following statement from the band:

“Due to a medical emergency, Andy Cato from Groove Armada is unable to travel to the forthcoming shows in Ireland & Ibiza while he undergoes surgery for a herniated disc.

Andy commented "Obviously I hate letting down the promoters and ticket buyers but in this situation there really is nothing I can do apart from to hope the operation works so I can at least start walking again."

Tom and Andy hope that more positive news will follow post-surgery (today) and the rest of the summer shows will proceed as planned.”

Here at Life HQ we have been totally overwhelmed with the love and support the festival has had this year. While it would have been a great honor to host Groove Armada at Life Festival 2013, unfortunately now due to circumstances completely out of our control this is not to be.

Life Festival is an experience which is greater than the some of its parts and since every cloud has a silver lining, we are delighted to announce that after a day of hectic phone calls and lots of talk. Life festival has secured a special LEFTFIELD DJ SET to add to the already stellar lineup.
    We wish Andy a speedy recovery and look forward to working together in the future.

Life must go on!

fair play to them getting someone like that at short notice, they could have just said "oh well, he had to pull out, sorry", but they actually bothered to sort something else.
    i know it's only a DJ set, but Groove Armada was too, so not much difference really IMO, looking forward to it :)

I wonder what a Leftfield DJ set will be like, will they have MCs rapping and stuff or will it just be remixes from the first and second albums.

Have to agree lads its a brilliant replacement at such short notice and if you ask me id rather this than a GA dj set iv loved Leftfield for years so this just made my week...ps id love if they brought the Cheshire cat with them as mc.

well Leftfield for the last few years is just Neil Barnes on his own, Paul Daley has been working on his own DJ stuff.
    so i'd say it will just be one of them playing various techno/dub songs, with probably a few Leftfield songs thrown in there. doubt there'll be any MCs.

• Advertisement

Something to get ya in the mood.

Jenny Greene apparently said on the radio last night that this has sold out completely, I heard from a mate. So has this actually sold out?

So, is this sold out then.

So, is this old out then.

Not sure if its sold out yet but id say it will be by friday...just saw this Twitter from Life

Whoa its really starting to heat up. To say we are over excited here in Life HQ would be an understatement. We would like to inform everyone that it is highly unlikely there will be tickets available at the gate this year so if you are planning on coming to Life and dont want to be disappointed we would strongly advise you purchase your ticket very soon. Also remember Sunday only tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wickerman07

Hi just wondering if there are facilities to charge phones at Life Festival?

New phones have terrible batteries and its a pain losing people and having no phone to contact them.

There is excellent phone charging facilities there, the guy there last year had charging for smart phones, normal mobiles and ipods.

Nice one thanks bodhrandude!

5 more days!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Curly_Sue87

Is there anyone looking to organise a bus from the Cork area to life festival? We already have seven people. The more people we find the cheaper it will be.

Hey guy! I'm going to life festival from cork, did you guys manage to get a bus organized or how're ye getting? else it's just me and I'm very small, if anyone can provide a lift i'd really appreciate it and help with diesel etc.

Lemme know :)
    Fionn

there was someone on their facebook page organising a bus from Cork today or yesterday, look through the "posts by others" thing.

weekend tickets completely sold out now too.

Does anyone know the number of people going? I've never been but was at body and soul last year and year before....just wondering if it's similar sized crowd

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the number of people going? I've never been but was at body and soul last year and year before....just wondering if it's similar sized crowd

Its 5,000 capacity i think so pretty much the same as Body&Soul..anyone know what the story with the day by day breakdown when its released?

Cheers electro banana. No idea of times of acts. THREE MORE DAYS

Two stages that go on till 6am nice one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 analordafx

whats this like? Knackerfest or chilled out? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sold out!

anyone knows of anyone selling tickets could they give me a pm, in need :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Houses

In need of 2 weekend tickets, please PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sam_T

Hey Guys, Really Need One 3 Day Camping Ticket. Can collect in Dublin. PM if you are selling/know someone selling, thanks Sam :)

So is this the first ever that Life has sold out in advance. After seven years, fair play to them.

• Advertisement

yep, good to hear festivals doing well, especially after last year supposedly being far from full.

the bigger names on the lineup definitely playing a major part in it selling out IMO.

Advertisement