Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Need Help Choosing Phone

• 01-02-2013 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

Guys I'm going outta my brain the last few weeks trying to choose, so please, help! Has to be one of these:

Blackberry Curve 9320.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.

Now, bear in mind these factors:

- I have had the BB Curve 8520 nearly 2 and a half years, and if I upgrade to the 9320 I could stay on pay as you go as the phone is cheap(ish). Also the fact that I am already so used to BB's and I actually like them.

- I wouldn't mind too much going on bill pay to get the S3 mini, I actually tried to do it online only they looked for a 300 quid deposit, so I cancelled and said sure I could buy the phone on pay as you go for that much. However a friend told me if I went into the shop they would most likely be able to get around that deposit.

- Finally: although I like and am used to using a BB, I actually feel a change of scene might be good, and the S3 Mini looks like a great little device.

TL;DR:

BB Curve 9320 or S3 Mini?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Personally, I would go with the Blackberry. The Curve 8520 is not a patch on the 9320. The 9320 runs Blackberry OS7, which is very nice and quick. Or, if you are thinking about going billpay, why not hold out a little while longer and go for the latest Blackberry 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Lardy wrote: »
    Personally, I would go with the Blackberry. The Curve 8520 is not a patch on the 9320. The 9320 runs Blackberry OS7, which is very nice and quick. Or, if you are thinking about going billpay, why not hold out a little while longer and go for the latest Blackberry 10?

Yes I am so much used to the BB. So maybe I would be better keeping with them, it's just I was kind of wondering if I should make a change to android, I mean would the touchscreen be easy to get used to?

Will the BB 10's be good?

Also I did really like the 8520, so maybe if the 9320 is much better then I should probably go for it? Prefer not to be tied down to a bill to be honest. Although some say if you can afford bill pay you won't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

the samsung s3 mini is only €250 on vodafone, which is a really good price considering it's 100euro dearer on 3. I personally love touch screen, in my opinion it was very easy to get used to, i would say it's easier to navigate web pages etc when using touchscreens rather than keys.

Advertisement