Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buffing wheel for drill

Options
  • 01-02-2013 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭

Anybody know if there is a shop online that sells a buffing/polishing wheel that could be fitted to a standard drill?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Anybody know if there is a shop online that sells a buffing/polishing wheel that could be fitted to a standard drill?

There are fitments out there for drills,i have a wheel at home that fits into a standard drill - fine for working on small scratches and stuff but for proper full panel work i wouldn't dream of using it - you really need a dual action/variable speed polishing machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

tossy wrote: »
    There are fitments out there for drills,i have a wheel at home that fits into a standard drill - fine for working on small scratches and stuff but for proper full panel work i wouldn't dream of using it - you really need a dual action/variable speed polishing machine.

Sorry, I should have said in my original post I wouldn't be using it for a car panel. I actually am fixing up a guitar for a friend. I have done up a few old worthless enough ones for friends over the years and I usually use a spray can paint like Plastikote that you can buff by hand with compound easily enough, but the odd time I use car paint and give them a proper coat of lacquer if they are worth a bit more and are being used in a band as they get a lot of punishment and the car paint is the only thing that will take it and keep the finish. This one is an odd shape, but I could use the normal sized machine for the front and back, but I can't get at certain parts of it with the bigger machine and I'm afraid if I force it to make contact, it will go through what I have already put on somewhere else as the coats are thin enough, so a smaller gadget would be ideal. I can't find one anywhere near me or even online.

Advertisement