Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband speed

• 01-02-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

My broadband speed is only 1.8mpbs. I live out in the country but is there anyway I can get it to speed up?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

how did you measure the speed?
    I presume that that is download?
    What speed should it be capable of according to the package that you are on?
    What is the contention ratio?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sugna

I just changed to sky recently & they told me i'd have up to 6mpbs but i'm only getting 1.8. It was the same with vodafone. I told this to sky & they told me that I should be able to get more with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sales staff lie. If your line can only sync at 1.8 that is all any provider can give. This is the wrong forum for dsl though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭mickko

sugna wrote: »
    I just changed to sky recently & they told me i'd have up to 6mpbs but i'm only getting 1.8. It was the same with vodafone. I told this to sky & they told me that I should be able to get more with them.

Vodafone and Sky (and Eircom, UTV, etc) use the same DSL network to deliver your service.
    None of them can deliver a better service than another over that same network.
    They lied to you.

Advertisement