Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070 GSM Comms Fault

Options
  • 01-02-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi Folks,
    I've done a search through the forum but cant seem to find an answer to my question.

I have recently installed a 1070 at home and all was working fine, but now we are getting a GSM Comms Fault, but I cannot see anyone else who has this issue.

We are only using the GSM module (not using Digi dialer).

I have checked the wiring and it looks ok - before I make such a change do you think I can use the SP 1 instead of SP2 on the main alarm panel - or maybe someone here will have seen this error before and can help me out of my hole.

ANY help would be appreciated.

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

va11anceh wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I've done a search through the forum but cant seem to find an answer to my question.

I have recently installed a 1070 at home and all was working fine, but now we are getting a GSM Comms Fault, but I cannot see anyone else who has this issue.

We are only using the GSM module (not using Digi dialer).

I have checked the wiring and it looks ok - before I make such a change do you think I can use the SP 1 instead of SP2 on the main alarm panel - or maybe someone here will have seen this error before and can help me out of my hole.

ANY help would be appreciated.

H

The comms fault is relating to the GSM communicating with the control panel.
    Check the wiring between both plus the power. Also down power both units (battery and mains) and power back up to see if that brings it back on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 va11anceh

Thanks for that - thought that might be the case, will replace wiring and hope that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

va11anceh wrote: »
    Thanks for that - thought that might be the case, will replace wiring and hope that works.

Your welcome, let us know how you get on.

Advertisement