Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence boards.

• 01-02-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

I wonder can anyone help me with this one.
    Due to the stormy weather the other night, a fence panel blew down. I need to replace same because it is too rotten to repair. The fence is made up of concrete posts with a concrete plinth and the panel is just slipped in to the slots in the posts.
    The garden 2 doors up have similar fence, but the panels are just like deck boards, except they are identical on both sides. They are approx. 40mm thick.
    The guy just got some bloke to do his one a couple of years ago and doesn't know where he got them.
    I am in Cork City area, and I wonder if anyone would know where I could source these.
    I don't see them in Hanleys brochure. Also had a look in b n q and no joy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 glencoe

Can you post a picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

glencoe wrote: »
    Can you post a picture

Tks for coming back to me.

This is what I'm trying to achieve.
    Sorry, pic gone missing.

Sorry, have taken the pics but havn't a clue how to upload to post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

johnayo wrote: »
    Sorry, have taken the pics but havn't a clue how to upload to post.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

If you search online OP the thing you are looking for is called a "gravel board" I think B&Q sell them.

• Advertisement

Arciphel wrote: »
    If you search online OP the thing you are looking for is called a "gravel board" I think B&Q sell them.
    Tks for that.
    Went onto B&Q website, but no pics on site,so not sure if that is it.

Davy wrote: »

Can I use this also to upload a pic from computer as well. Or is that not for an image from the web?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can I use this also to upload a pic from computer as well. Or is that not for an image from the web?

Upload as attachment, the paper clip icon when posting on thread. You can click it and add the URL in the img tags as above

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Johny 8

Davy wrote: »

Upload as attachment, the paper clip icon when posting on thread. You can click it and add the URL in the img tags as above

Try brooks builders providers in cork. They will have them.

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Try brooks builders providers in cork. They will have them.

Thanks for that Johny. Thats only over the road from me. I'll call in there on Monday.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Johny. Thats only over the road from me. I'll call in there on Monday.

Expect to pay about 30€

Tks again. What length is that for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

1.8 x 1.8 meter PT (pressure treated) Fence panels...25 euro in Goodwins in Dublin (for anyone interested)

http://www.goodwins.ie/p-841-shiplap-fencing-panel-18m-x-18m-8mm.aspx

Went to Brooks today, and the guy there never heard of them. The search continues. Might have to try normal deck boards.

Went to Brooks today, and the guy there never heard of them. The search continues. Might have to try normal deck boards.

Really?
    Can u post a picture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭grange mac

Loads places in cork. In ballincollig alone- shedworld makes panels all types & ballincollig diy - beside eachother. Ovens fencing also makes n sells.

Johny 8 wrote: »
    Really?
    Can u post a picture?
    Sorry, but I'm a little technically challenged when it comes to posting a pic on boards. Looked at the advice on FAQ section but can't make head nor tail of it. If you could give me an idiots guide on how to do it, then I will post it. I have already taken the pic. Sorry:confused:

grange mac wrote: »
    Loads places in cork. In ballincollig alone- shedworld makes panels all types & ballincollig diy - beside eachother. Ovens fencing also makes n sells.

Im not looking for a fence panel though, I'm looking for a particular fence board like a double sided deck board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭grange mac

Have seen groved planks in shedworld. Same as decking board.Need about 7 of them to cover the size of a panel sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

• Advertisement

Problem solved.
    I went back to Hanleys today and took a walk around the garden centre. And there they were on display.
    Thanks a million for all the advice.

Advertisement