Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 3d tv

Options
  • 01-02-2013 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Just seen the playstation 3d 24" tv has been reduced in smyths from 500 to 250 euro. Has anyone ever used these? Comes with killzone 3 and GT5 and two glasses seems like a nice setup.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just seen the playstation 3d 24" tv has been reduced in smyths from 500 to 250 euro. Has anyone ever used these? Comes with killzone 3 and GT5 and two glasses seems like a nice setup.

Half price......jaysus...I'd nearly be tempted at that

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

RedXIV wrote: »

Half price......jaysus...I'd nearly be tempted at that

Yep take alook on line seems stock is low only available in blanch when I checked. Was tempted myself but have an lg 42" 3d tv but would be nice in a bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Yep take alook on line seems stock is low only available in blanch when I checked. Was tempted myself but have an lg 42" 3d tv but would be nice in a bedroom.

How do you find the 3D for gaming? Its something I've never REALLY been pushed on but a 3D tv for 250 wouldn't be too bad, especially since I haven't either of the games

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

How do you find the 3D for gaming? Its something I've never REALLY been pushed on but a 3D tv for 250 wouldn't be too bad, especially since I haven't either of the games

Have to say I like it I've uncharted, killzone, gt5, resistance, assasins creed and one or two others I enjoy the 3d some more then others but I don't pjay for hours only a couple hours a week not much free time. Also some people complain of drops in resolution and frame rate have to say doesn't bother me, but I'm not that fussy unless game is broken due to bad framerate I don't notice. You can use the tv for movies aswell and the kids cartoons are real 3d winners in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I played Arkham City in 3D, which is very much suited to it. As you're swooping between buildings and see the building zooming by on either site; it's a cool effect. Also tried one of the Assassin's Creed games, and there was a bit of graphical 'tearing'; enough to be distracting.

It does make the graphics a bit darker and murkier though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Its got some brutal reviews for breaking down. Make sure you keep the receipt. It appears that it has no remote either, you use the PS3 or a Sony one from another device. Pity about the reliability because it seems like a cool idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,849 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I got it about a month ago as I wanted a new PC monitor and had toyed with the 3D option so this was a good deal for a 3D monitor.

It is a brilliant monitor much better than my dell one, I have not used the 3D much as it is a PC set up so i'm too close to the screen when using the 3D I have to push back from the desk to get the "sweet spot" not to far but far enough. A FPS on a small screen is different the targets are quite small so I end up moving closer to the screen and the ghosting gets worse.

Crysis 2 is unreal in 3D the Sony games, GT5 Killzone etc are not as impressive but still good.

Sound quality from the speakers is a bit poor but overall I am happy with it. Need some 3D blu rays to test that side of things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Does anyone know if this is still available and in which store? No mention of it on the website but would definitely be interested if it was still on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭evanSpiddal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

24" just seems really small for a screen though. how does it work out for anyone who has it? roughly how far back is the sweet spot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

249 with 2 games seems to be a winner. I have a 32" LG in my room but I'm seriously tempted by the idea of this.

Advertisement