Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two Continental Tyres and Two Tubes for €89

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the bargain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where's the bargain ?

Do you mean where to buy it? Or is that a sarcastic question in that you don't think it should be here?

Sorry if I've taken you up wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Not a Bargain at all!

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18796

€36.58 each here without tubes which are only €3/4 quid anyway

I did further analysis on the web page and discovered this!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The OP is above the normal price across a few websites. So it ain't a bargain.

Ah ok, I thought it was good for what I buy them in the shop, admittedly I don't use chain reaction. Sorry!

What does that mean about the updated time? Did they increase the price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

C-Shore wrote: »
    Ah ok, I thought it was good for what I buy them in the shop, admittedly I don't use chain reaction. Sorry!

What does that mean about the updated time? Did they increase the price?

It shows that they only posted or modified this page today and that it's strange how you posted an hour after that time. ;)
    If I search for those tyres in Google I dont even get that page in the first 5 pages of results - how did you find it?

It shows that they only posted or modified this page today and that it's strange how you posted an hour after that time. ;)
    If I search for those tyres in Google I dont even get that page in the first 5 pages of results - how did you find it?

Oh right, they posted about it on their Facebook. Sorry for not checking out other prices.
    Can/Should I delete this since it's not supposed to be here?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Amazon are even cheaper at around €33.50 ...

€67 for the pair leaves plenty of change for tubes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Fook I thought this was car tyres and got all excited...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I got two gp4000s delivered from germany during the week, all in €59, then I picked up 6 tubes for €12 from wiggle. Now that was good value. The tires were ordered on Friday and were with me the following Tuesday.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k373/a4826/grand-prix-4000-s-23-622-mm-black.html?mfid=77

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I got two gp4000s delivered from germany during the week, all in €59, then I picked up 6 tubes for €12 from wiggle. Now that was good value. The tires were ordered on Friday and were with me the following Tuesday.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k373/a4826/grand-prix-4000-s-23-622-mm-black.html?mfid=77

53 for two tyres - https://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p16016_Grand-Prix-4000-S-2er-Set-Faltreifen-.html?xtcr=1&xtmcl=

Admittedly there is shipping in there but I normally in bulk from these guys once per year so I can't remember of hand.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ryaner wrote: »
    53 for two tyres - https://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p16016_Grand-Prix-4000-S-2er-Set-Faltreifen-.html?xtcr=1&xtmcl=

Admittedly there is shipping in there but I normally in bulk from these guys once per year so I can't remember of hand.

Actually the link I posted works out cheaper, the two tires are €53.90 and postage to Rep Of Ireland is €7.95 when you select the DHL option once in the checkout screen. They've actually gone up by €1 each since I purchased them last week, as I paid €59 all in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Fook I thought this was car tyres and got all excited...
    Did you not see the bit about the tubes though? (although I made the same mistake :o ).

Just out of interest - are there any tubeless bicycle tyres on the market?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Esel wrote: »
    Did you not see the bit about the tubes though? (although I made the same mistake :o ).

I saw the bit about tubes and thought what car has tubes these days:D Then I read the post

Yes, but you'd need wheels designed for them or modify your current wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Actually the link I posted works out cheaper, the two tires are €53.90 and postage to Rep Of Ireland is €7.95 when you select the DHL option once in the checkout screen. They've actually gone up by €1 each since I purchased them last week, as I paid €59 all in

It does thanks. Will have to check these out with the next order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Homer moment: 2 Conti's - €89 - Oh yeah!!!!:o

Advertisement