Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO online help...urgent

• 01-02-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a panic.

I've never done 5th year or Leaving Cert and not really aware of CAO guidelines. I set up an online account, put down my FETAC level 5 course but left the choices open to fill them at a later date. The tutor told me that I have until some time in May but clearly not?!

Have I messed everything up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

As far as I know you had to have something filled in before yesterday at 5 then you were allowed to change those choices in may.You can still put in choices now but you will be fined so you will have to pay more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Jade. wrote: »
    As far as I know you had to have something filled in before yesterday at 5 then you were allowed to change those choices in may.You can still put in choices now but you will be fined so you will have to pay more money.

Better than not being able to do it all, I guess. How do I put them in? The option to do so isn't there on the website anymore.

Can someone PLEASE clear this up for me?!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

40 quid down the drain me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

Just checked the website it says late applications are accepted up until the 31st May 5:15 and you will be charged €50. http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php not sure about where the link to put down your courses is gone but maybe you'll find the answer on there

• Advertisement

I don't understand why people can submit three new choices for free for filling it in before today but I get charged 50 extra (on top of the 40 I already paid) for just leaving it blank. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 STP50

As time passes there are increasing limits on what you can do. It is important to note the particular arrangements for certain circumstances depending on the type of applicant you are
    Are you applying as a mature student ? Are you applying to any restricted courses ? DARE or HEAR ?

Generally You may use the online Change Courses facility from February 5th until March 1st. An Additional Processing Fee of €10 must be paid by Credit/Laser Card for this service - see page 15. Check it accepts your changes by March 1st.

After that The Change of Mind facility becomes available after May 5th. There is no fee for using the Change of Mind facility - (Closing date 5:15 pm 1st July 2013). However you cannot add mature applicant courses or restricted courses at this stage as you will have missed the assessments. There are also limits for individuals presenting alternatives to the Leaving cert such as FETAC.

I would advise that you pay the €10 and put you list of courses on by the end of March. the system should be available now.

Advertisement