Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Chip Shop of Horrors

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 anonymous2013

If youre ever in limerick enzos is the place to go

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭martin12

If you want decent fish(cod) & Chips go to Manchester ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,583 ✭✭✭Speak Now

jonnie walkers is crap

Carp

spankysue wrote: »
    The Marian is lovely but Humdingers is horrible! The last time I got chips in there, they were both burnt and soggy, how da fuq does that happen?:confused:

Also, because they have ridiculous dance music blaring any time I've been in there, they always get the order wrong, so you wait 15 minutes for the wrong order accompanied by manky chips, I'd never eat there again.

Only been to Humdingers a couple of times and thought they were grand. Has something changed there recently? Didnt notice the dance music but i havent been there is a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Carp

thanks jerry so is my spelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

spankysue wrote: »
    The Marian is lovely but Humdingers is horrible! The last time I got chips in there, they were both burnt and soggy, how da fuq does that happen?:confused:

Also, because they have ridiculous dance music blaring any time I've been in there, they always get the order wrong, so you wait 15 minutes for the wrong order accompanied by manky chips, I'd never eat there again.

Must have been a one-off. They're normally spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jonnie walkers is crap

No, it isn't. Walkers and Cleaboy are the best in town.

I had fish, chips and scallops from Walkers only a couple of nights ago and they were fuppin delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

No, it isn't. Walkers and Cleaboy are the best in town.

I had fish, chips and scallops from Walkers only a couple of nights ago and they were fuppin delicious.

How much did it cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

7upfree wrote: »
    Must have been a one-off. They're normally spot on.

Nope. Every single time I've been in there it's happened. Is it so hard for them to understand that I want a chicken wrap without tomato and no vinegar on me chips?

I honestly think they just don't listen and make up their own order.

Also, the chips are terrible all the time.

I should go in there and give them all a spanking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

jonnie walkers is crap

I don't agree, I think its quite nice actually.
    Always had good food from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Johnny Walkers can be hit or miss at times. Its definatly ag good as it used to be. Now the marion but the Mercy there now thats a klass chipper. Best chicken fillet burger in the town.

One of the lads had chips from ballybricken last night and i had one and i was very surprised. They were really nice.

I think we can all agree though that Dooleys is the best. Serious Onion rings out of there

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

Waterford is a good aul place for the chips in fairness...

moose3844 wrote: »
    Johnny Walkers can be hit or miss at times. Its definatly ag good as it used to be. Now the marion but the Mercy there now thats a klass chipper. Best chicken fillet burger in the town.

One of the lads had chips from ballybricken last night and i had one and i was very surprised. They were really nice.

I think we can all agree though that Dooleys is the best. Serious Onion rings out of there

Dooleys across from the park isn't great imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I think Waterford is good for Fish and chips, the place on the quay next to spirit spa, the marion, dooleys are lovely Imo

A little thing i notice though is if u get good fish n chips it should always come in a box with wedge of lemon and tarter sauce, i know some places do this already, its a nice touch

Outside of the city osheas in Dunmore East is out if this world, they have the blackboard with the diff varieties of fish and todays catch et al.... its also so clean, its a modern day cunninghams for me, if i was the owner id b considering acquiring the premises next door and turning it into a seating area, during the summer they would clean up doing suppers, i say this because Dunmore can bepricey for food and there is def a market for people looking for affordable comfort food after a spin out from the metropolis : )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

How in hell are we 3 pages in an no one has mentioned Lombard Street? Far and away the best chipper in Waterford City. Everything takes ages, so at least you know it's fresh, and the lads in there are genuinely lovely lads. Best mince taco chip i've had in Ireland. I'm actually going to get them right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How in hell are we 3 pages in an no one has mentioned Lombard Street? Far and away the best chipper in Waterford City. Everything takes ages, so at least you know it's fresh, and the lads in there are genuinely lovely lads. Best mince taco chip i've had in Ireland. I'm actually going to get them right now!

It does take forever though. They're nice alright but you wouldn't want to be hungry going there!

Someone said that the don't rate Dooley's by the park. I have to say I think it's the same as the one in Tramore. Their chicken is pretty tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

taco chip has to be danny,s

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭markfinn

Dammit people, I'm 5,000 miles from the nearest chipper and dyin for a bit of decent grub! What are you doin to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

taco chip has to be danny,s

I wouldn't even count Danny's taco chip as a taco chip. The mince usually has barely any flavour and they don't even use proper taco sauce. Even a bad taco from Lombard is better than any other taco I've had in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Andys beside the forum do a serious taco chip. They do it either with mince or with cheese and bacon. There serious tack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

moose3844 wrote: »
    Andys beside the forum do a serious taco chip. They do it either with mince or with cheese and bacon. There serious tack...

Agree there, Andys is sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its all going down hill cos they are working on a very tight profit margin, potatoes and fish will rise by 33% soon, so your gonna have corners cut oil being used longer, cheaper potatoes are now coming from INDIA and CHINA would you believe and is it really fish your getting?:D the harder chippers are pushed the more the quality will suffer,

Oh and i think you should go for a run;)

Advertisement