Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mesh and Wire.

Options
  • 01-02-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭

Okay guyzles and gurzles, let me get an idea of what you want so I can make up a shopping cart.

Quantities, wire diameter and length, mesh size and...and...whatever that hash number is called (#500 whatever-it-is).
    Personally, I'm picking up #500 mesh, NR wire and ribbon Kanthal (though they only have the low resistance stuff at the moment - great for those using single coils, terrible for me unless I use about 42ft of the stuff for a coil. 2ohm coil = 6.7cm length of wire to give ye an idea).

Once I know what people are getting I'll know where to grab it, make a cart and tell ye the price, and if ye agree, we buy.
    Sure? Sure.

GO!

tumbleweed.gif

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ill take some .13 kanthal....

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Digby help me out here, what do I want?

I want an easy rebuildable tank, I have shakey hands so dripping is a no go. Money is a MASSIVE issue at the moment so it must be reasonable.

I have ****ty taste buds and a numb throat so need the best flavour production and throat-hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

jamie72 wrote: »
    Digby help me out here, what do I want?

I want an easy rebuildable tank, I have shakey hands so dripping is a no go. Money is a MASSIVE issue at the moment so it must be reasonable.

I have ****ty taste buds and a numb throat so need the best flavour production and throat-hit.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/agas.htm

I could do with some no resistance wire.
    please

edit see later post

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Tanks for the input heli!

Anyone else want to chime in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

someone help me :-) id like to get kanthal , wire and mesh too but to be honest i havent a clue about whats best to get! i got a phoenix to try rebuilding the other wek and it was fine but got sick of dripping all the time so i need a rebuildable tank! just tell me what should i get and ill go with that :-)

just saw the link... that agas sounds nice would i be able to adapt a tank to be able to see the juice?

u could get this one http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/agat.htm but its very heavy. Unfortunately the mini is not suited to a glass tank as the tank is the ground wire.

umhm! im using a vamo would probably be very heavy together! so you advise the aga-s ill go with that maybe and save my right bicep

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The AGA is good but prone to hotspots the thinner the wire gauge.

.20 at least for less hassle, .25 or ribbon would be relatively painless but need a lot of wraps for higher resistance.

I also find the airhole too small in the AGA. Tight draw, more throathit (even when directly in front of the coil) slightly less flavor and less vapour.

Having said that, for the price it's awesome and a huge step up from everything below it. If you know someone with a small drillbit, get them to drill a 0.5 or 1mm hole 1mm above the one already there.
    I'll have to check if rickyjb still wants mine actually - if not, I can sell it to the smarmiest bidder.

Digby! Everywhere is sold out of .13 Kanthal that I can see bar a shady Chinese operation called coolinio and an American eBayer that sells it mega-cheap by the hundred-foot.

• Advertisement

well the vamo is so heavy you might not notice the extra weight.
    give me a minute and i'll post a pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

rui1000 wrote: »
    just saw the link... that agas sounds nice would i be able to adapt a tank to be able to see the juice?

Not the Aga-S. I like the size of the S and its much easier to coil than the T but I never knew how much juice was in there. Those tanks are also a nightmare to fill and you need a syringe or dropper bottle.

Might work out great for you though and some people rave about the S, lack of a clear tank was the final straw for me though.

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14494

picture.php?albumid=2284&pictureid=14493

Not the Aga-S. I like the size of the S and its much easier to coil than the T but I never knew how much juice was in there. Those tanks are also a nightmare to fill and you need a syringe or dropper bottle.

Might work out great for you though and some people rave about the S, lack of a clear tank was the final straw for me though.

I agree the lack of a clear tank is a bit of a pain. I fill it with a needle dropper bottle, it's not an issue for me. http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/64-soft-10ml-bottle-with-needle.html

In saying that the aga-t looks like it was made for the vamo.
    but now that use the evic in mini mode the t just seams monstrous so its the mini (s) for out and about and a dipper at home.

they actually seem to have nearly the same height! im kinda not sure! ill read some forums in ecf aswell! what would be your opinion grindle? or would you advise something else? its hsrd to decide by pictures :-(

I like to see how much I'm drinking, so clear tank/AGA-T vote from me.
    What do you see yourself building? If you know you're sticking with single coil builds, the VH Verti or the clockworks RTA would both be fantastic and easier to build with.
    If you want to leave a little room for experimentation, AGAs are impossible to beat price/function-wise right now.

thanks guys i have a lot of food for though while waiting for the coiling supplies

rui1000 wrote: »
    thanks guys i have a lot of food for though while waiting for the coiling supplies

Which coiling supples though?

.20 kanthal 500 mesh

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

grindle wrote: »
    Digby! Everywhere is sold out of .13 Kanthal that I can see bar a shady Chinese operation called coolinio and an American eBayer that sells it mega-cheap by the hundred-foot.

I think I have a good bit of .13..not sure if it's Kanthal or Nichrome...that I won't be using anymore. You're welcome to it if you want it

• Advertisement

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I think I have a good bit of .13..not sure if it's Kanthal or Nichrome...that I won't be using anymore. You're welcome to it if you want it

Digby wants it, send it yonder, post-haste!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Digby wants it, send it yonder, post-haste!

If it's not thrown out...last seen in the attic.

Bubba9 wrote: »
    If it's not thrown out...last seen in the attic.

If you can't find it, tie your pubes together, spray them silver, then send to Digby...
    If I know the guy (and I don't), he'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Haha brilliant, but dont be giving the vendors ideas;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'd like to try some of that kanthal ribbon stuff - whatever is the ironed out equivalent of the 0.2 kanthal i'm using now?

artyeva wrote: »
    i'd like to try some of that kanthal ribbon stuff - whatever is the ironed out equivalent of the 0.2 kanthal i'm using now?

They're out of the ironed-out equivalent of .20 Kanthal everywhere at the moment, ecig users kind of shocked them with the sudden interest.
    They have the flattened version of .25 Kanthal at the mo'.

assuming it'd be too hard to shave off that extra 0.05 manually with a kitchen knife go on so, i'll give it a lash. it won't make that much of a difference will it?

assuming it'd be too hard to shave off that extra 0.05 manually with a kitchen knife go on so, i'll give it a lash. it won't make that much of a difference will it?

What resistance do you want to go for?

What resistance do you want to go for?

jaysis this is too much thinking. anywhere between 1.8 and 2.2 and i'm happy - i lash coils together and whatever it is is what it is and i just adjust the voltage to taste. numbers schmumbers!

• Advertisement

jaysis this is too much thinking. anywhere between 1.8 and 2.2 and i'm happy - i lash coils together and whatever it is is what it is and i just adjust the voltage to taste. numbers schmumbers!

Well, with a low resistance wire you'll need to think a bit more about it, 'cos what are 4/5 turns with .20 kanthal will be 6/7 with this, and it's kinda wide.

Either way, I -sadly- can't wait to try it. Kill me now.

Advertisement