Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mesh and Wire.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

artyeva wrote: »
    point of inquiry: WHAT DA FUQ is a sparkomatic???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iwSgK4UTMr4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Any update? If you want to pm me how much I owe for my stuff I'll transfer the money and give you my address. Hopefully this ribbon wire finally gets my AGA-T going...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

rickyjb wrote: »
    Any update? If you want to pm me how much I owe for my stuff I'll transfer the money and give you my address. Hopefully this ribbon wire finally gets my AGA-T going...

The silica and Kanthal have come (from Poland) but not the mesh or NR wire (UK).

I've gotten onto the mesh company with no reply, just sent them another email there.
    I can send you the silica and Kanthal separately if you want?
    Strange that the mesh/NR hasn't arrived considering it was sent next day, I'm worried it's lost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Dang! only just read this thread now.
    Would #500 mesh be suitable for wicking an ego-c atty?

Bump.

And on a similar note I wanted to ask would Kanthal D be ok for rebuild of Kanger T3.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/201-kanthal-d-wire.html
    Has anyone ever used the D on a T3? Results?

I know that it's the Kanthal A1 that people most commonly get for the T3 and I know the main difference between A and D is the level of heat it can take, but on my eGo-C Twist I've found that I'm vaping on the lowest (3.2-3.5) Ohms, since I find burning happens any higher than that.

Also - mesh. Is it used instead of wire on certain atty's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

grindle wrote: »

The silica and Kanthal have come (from Poland) but not the mesh or NR wire (UK).

I've gotten onto the mesh company with no reply, just sent them another email there.
    Strange that the mesh/NR hasn't arrived considering it was sent next day, I'm worried it's lost. :(

It will arrive but it took almost 2 weeks for my mesh to arrive........thought it was just me! That's about 4 months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

pm yer paypal grindle and i'll pay you now.

csi vegas wrote: »
    Bump.

And on a similar note I wanted to ask would Kanthal D be ok for rebuild of Kanger T3.
    http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/diy/201-kanthal-d-wire.html
    Has anyone ever used the D on a T3? Results?

I know that it's the Kanthal A1 that people most commonly get for the T3 and I know the main difference between A and D is the level of heat it can take, but on my eGo-C Twist I've found that I'm vaping on the lowest (3.2-3.5) Ohms, since I find burning happens any higher than that.

Also - mesh. Is it used instead of wire on certain atty's?
    Mesh is used instead of silica or cotton wick.
    It has been used as a resistance wire but that's for vaping ninjas with far too much time to spare as there's a lot of measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting...
    Kanthal D is fine in any atty (and yes, I've used it in a T3), Kanthal A is a waste of money.
    If an atty or coil reaches the heat required to pop Kanthal D you've got other issues, like your liquid bursting into flames.
    If you want to push the voltage higher on the Twist, get a thinner wire (.15 is as low as I'd go).

It will arrive but it took almost 2 weeks for my mesh to arrive........thought it was just me! That's about 4 months ago.

Two fuuuuuuckinnnng weeeeeeekssssss? Ba. Na. Nas.

Mesh is used instead of silica or cotton wick.
    It has been used as a resistance wire but that's for vaping ninjas with far too much time to spare as there's a lot of measuring, cutting, measuring, cutting...
    Kanthal D is fine in any atty (and yes, I've used it in a T3), Kanthal A is a waste of money.

Seriously? This is good to know, as thebestshop only have D and I'd rather order from them just for convenience (I've got my lustful eye on much from there).
    If an atty or coil reaches the heat required to pop Kanthal D you've got other issues, like your liquid bursting into flames.
    If you want to push the voltage higher on the Twist, get a thinner wire (.15 is as low as I'd go)
    BE JAYZUS NO!!!

tumblr_m6qu6vmdn41qc8949o1_500.jpg

Seriously?

Super seriously. Max temps of:
    Kanthal D - 1300c
    Kanthal A - 1350c
    Kanthal A-1 - 1400c

If anybody claims to taste the difference I call placebo.
    Wicks are a factor in taste, but a 1-2% difference in the iron content of a resistive metal in a coil? Do not believe.
    Convenient that the more expensive one would be preferable taste-wise as well.
    Atty wire for elitists. "It's more expensive so THIS must be the ideal taste! Huzzah!"

• Advertisement

Super seriously. Max temps of:
    Kanthal D - 1300c
    Kanthal A - 1350c
    Kanthal A-1 - 1400c

If anybody claims to taste the difference I call placebo.
    Wicks are a factor in taste, but a 1-2% difference in the iron content of a resistive metal in a coil? Do not believe.
    Convenient that the more expensive one would be preferable taste-wise as well.
    Atty wire for elitists. "It's more expensive so THIS must be the ideal taste! Huzzah!"

Wow, there really isn't much difference between the temps, is there?
    And yeah, that's the human brain for you - people believe the more expensive an item the better the quality. It's like 'it's cheaper, so what's WRONG with it?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Two fuuuuuuckinnnng weeeeeeekssssss? Ba. Na. Nas.

Yep I emailed them after a week and they told me it normally takes a week. In fairness they did say if it hadn't arrived after another week that they'd send me more foc. Maybe I was just unlucky. How long ago did you buy it?

Yep I emailed them after a week and they told me it normally takes a week. In fairness they did say if it hadn't arrived after another week that they'd send me more foc. Maybe I was just unlucky. How long ago did you buy it?

14 days ago. They offered to send it again just there. Will get back to them if it hasn't arrived by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Nah it's fine, no point in sending 2 packages. I wouldn't mind finding out how much I owe you though so you might pm me that, thanks.

arrived today, thank you most kindly sir. :)

So... Group buys can go and fuck themselves on my part.

He's resending the package now.

On the upside, he very kindly said that if the other package comes in the meantime, to keep both.
    Pretty sound, and if it does ever come we'll be awash in an abundance of mesh/NR Wire.

Group efforts are often more trouble than they're worth., but don't think we don't appreciate it :)

Oh yeah, I'm not annoyed about buying for the group or anything, just about the stupid shít not arriving when I decide to do it.

Typical. Unless it does come... Then "YAY!".

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

How much wire did I order? Haha!

Got a sample of it today off a friend and it's serious stuff!

6 wraps around a fat wick giving me 1.8ohms!

Any update? hope the second delivery is not missing to.

• Advertisement

If it's not at work by 2pm I'm going to fùck a breeze block through my own brain and have the greatest embolism of all time.
    It hasn't arrived yet, no, and I'm speechless as to how that's possible. I'll have to open a PayPal dispute I guess.
    Starting at 5pm today I'm out of the country for a week and I definitely won't have the capability to do much of anything besides dance and head-nod, maybe a little bit of arm-waving and finger-pointing.
    Will email Chris Platt and explain the level of my pissed-offness too I suppose.
    I offered to pay extra for tracking the fūcking thing and nothing was mentioned of it, just "no, don't worry about anything, etc etc, very sorry."
    I should have insisted.
    FWAWK!
    Seriously, who's getting the fùcking mesh? Where is it going? TWO PACKS of the stuff now.

(vape time me thinks) Are just waiting on the mesh? I'm stuck for nr wire if that's come already could you send some on? :)

Nope, NR wire is with the mesh. Sorry. So someone has all that mesh and two lumps of fùcking silver as well. Cùntbags!

Man, yeah - vape time.

Well... I'm not angry about this at all... nosireeee.

I asked for a tracking number for the second package and he got back to me saying he couldn't find it so he was sending a THIRD fucking package, and gave me a tracking number for an item being delivered to fucking ISRAEL!

Anyway, his mistake, he gave me the actual number and that should apparently be here in the next few days. Again.

HOW THE FUCK DID IT GO THIS FUCKING WAY?

mad_smiley_by_dienes16-d50h2qc.png

In my thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056901384
    I include a linked video of an eGo-C rebuild, which uses tin foil and silica rope. Rope being the stand out word as it's available in such lengths that would last a DIY-er a very long time. I'd estimate that even two feet of it would last a few years.

Have any of you guys improvised and used any such materials (with success) in a rebuild?

Below are two suppliers of silica rope.
    It's commonly used in "seals and gaskets on oven, furnace and kiln doors, fireplace doors, industrial and laboratory ovens".
    No doubt is available at local, independently-owned hardware and electrical stores around the country.
    I've heard it mentioned on other forums, vapers are using it to re-wick.

I've also seen a rebuild pic tutorial of a guy who uses cotton pads from Boots as a wick.

Thoughts?

http://www.cheshireribbon.co.uk/products_03_d.asp

http://www.extremeheatprotection.com/extreme-high-temperature-heat-flame-fire-resistant-silica-knitted-woven-braided-square-twisted-rope.html

45a5a902-aedc-0d7e.jpg

Have any of you guys improvised and used any such materials (with success) in a rebuild?

Silica, cotton, jute twine, SS mesh are all used by atty-rebuilders... Depends on the rebuilder's preference which they use.

I prefer cotton or SS mesh.

Silica, cotton, jute twine, SS mesh are all used by atty-rebuilders... Depends on the rebuilder's preference which they use.

I prefer cotton or SS mesh.

Cotton rope? Cotton pads? forgive my ignorance, I've got 'L' plates

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I tried cotton pads before,they're not great tbh.

• Advertisement

I prefer cotton pads, tried both

Taste-wise I find it as good as SS mesh, it just has to be rewicked/replaced (a lot) more often.

pcmcmahon, have you tried cotton pads in a dripper or just a clearo?

Advertisement