Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteer Tanzania Summer 2013

• 01-02-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36

Hi all

Has anyone volunteered in Tanzania recently? I am thinking of going for a month or two this summer. Any recommendations or things to avoid?

I have been in contact with a company called worldunite

Has anyone any experience of this company? It doesn't require any fundraising which i like the sound of. The areas they operate in are Moshi which is a largeish town, in a state or charity run school, or nearby villages Sanya Juu or Karatu/Ngorongoro. Or in the rural area of the Siha District (West Kilimanjaro), close to the village of Sanya Juu. Unsure of whether a rural or urban area would be better.

I have also been looking into going to Uganda, Kenya or Livingstone in Zambia. I want to volunteer for a few weeks and travel afterwards so which would you recommend? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

I know someone who was in Moshi last summer. Worked at an orphanage called 'Children of Destiny' (they have a website). As far as I know the trip was organised through 'foot2africa'.

The volunteers were very well looked after and the whole thing was well organised. As with the group you mention there was no need to fundraise before going, but the orphanage, of course, would hope that people would keep helping them out after they come home.

Sorry, don't know anything about worldunite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36 desperate housewife

Thanks for the reply. I have heard very positive things about volunteering in Tanzania from lots of people.

I have found another charity called 'The Volunteer Projects' has anyone heard about these? I prefer them as they are irish.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SARAHCA

I have been looking up The Volunteer Projects myself, and have been in contact with them and I love the fact they are Irish too. You are also based in Moshi, and there are SO many opportunities for travelling in and around Moshi and other parts during the volunteering project and also after. I am planning on either travelling to Tanzania with them this summer for the month of July, or to Nepal or India with Eil Ireland, another Irish volunteering organisation.

Advertisement