Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ones that got away.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

are there any players in this bracket currently in FM13?

any potential fm/cm legends?!

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

Anyone remember Sherman Cardenas? Top quality Colombian midfielder around '05/'06. He'd start for most teams by the age of 17/18, now plays for a local club in Colombia, according to Wiki.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moose3844

Jarrod wrote: »
    Anyone remember Sherman Cardenas? Top quality Colombian midfielder around '05/'06. He'd start for most teams by the age of 17/18, now plays for a local club in Colombia, according to Wiki.

I do I bought him every season and was one of the best players I would sign.

Felipe Anderson in FM13 is unreal, He has a relese clause for 5.25mill and will go to a championship team no problem for very small wages. Bangs in serious goals

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭budgie412

Andri Sigporsson, KR Rekjavik CM 00/01. Legend. Could get him on a free 6 months into first season and would always hit 30+ goals a season without fail. Retired through injury in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Anyone remember Mark Smith a DRC at Bristol rovers in division 2, one of the early CM games maybe 00 01. Could be bought for pittance and put into any club side in the game and England international in few years.

I remember taking him to Juventus and him being part of club that won 7 titles in a row but he still only got a couple of B international caps, tossers!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Anyone remember Mark Smith a DRC at Bristol rovers in division 2, one of the early CM games maybe 00 01. Could be bought for pittance and put into any club side in the game and England international in few years.

I remember taking him to Juventus and him being part of club that won 7 titles in a row but he still only got a couple of B international caps, tossers!!!

Kennedy Bakircioglü in that game.....I remember Liverpool buying him, absolutely wrecked the league he did. Moukoko and Aghahowa were amazing too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Some very good ones have already been mentioned (Saviet, Nardiello, Mokoena, Djorjic)....but Alexander Farnerud was one of my favourite FM/CM players ever. I managed to somehow get him to Sheffield Wednesday, finished a league season with 102 points. He was a God.

I can't remember what edition of Football Manager it was (possibly 2005), but basically, you could sign a future world star for all 11 positions on the pitch, for no more than 2 or 3 million. It had like Alessio Cerci, Evandro Roncatto, Freddy Guarin, Fredy William Thompson, Freddy Adu.....

I remember I actually decided to take control of my U19 team at the side, just to see them mercilessly a$$ pound the opposition.

There was one version of FM where you could raid IK Start, they had a load of young, talented players. I signed them up in Ligue 1, I bought Cesar Delgado (another FM legend), and Robert Lewandowski (from the Legia Warsaw reserves I believe). They promptly tore Lique 1 a new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Harpel singh.
    Was brilliant in the game and was the reason why Leeds sold Harry kewell so quickly.
    Never made it though and wound up playing league of Ireland a few years ago afaik.

Was always brutal, got fast tracked to train with the senior squad as he was Asian and the club wanted to be seen in a good light after Bowyer and Woodgate played football with Sarfraz Najeibs head

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kneebreaker

Isaac Okoronkwo

Kenny?? Samura

Youssef Hersi

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I remember CM 00-01, you could pick up the Nigerian Mutiu on a free. Always lost him within a year to one of the big Italian clubs for huge money.

As for CM 01-02. At the start of every game, no matter where I was managing, it would be straight into the Swedish U21's and see how many I could pick up!

There was a list that was nearly seared into my brain of who to go after!

Others that haven't been mentioned(I think)
    J Lunden
    Ishizaki?
    Pagguy Zunda
    Michael Stewart (Man Utd)
    Hadzimehdovic
    Chiotis- Greek keeper
    Assane N'Diaye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

halpin17 wrote: »
    lebohang mokoena top class player guided me to a champs league,prem league everything actually regardless of who i signed him for,injury has supposedly wrecked his career now and hes just floating around some south African club

I still play FM2005 bought him for Coventry in the Chump, got promoted got the Liverpool job, brought him to Liverpool won 3 PL's in a row & 2 CL's
    Top man.

Weirdly I now live in SA and he plays for a club called Mamelodi Sundowns here, but the standard is, not very good.....that's the most polite way I can say it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Maxims Tsigalko So bad in real life he doesn't even exist!

Oh but he does. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maksim_Tsyhalka

Definitely my favorite ever CM player.

Julius Agahowa and Adres D'Allessandro deserve a mention also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Paralta brothers from Guoiva (sp) in an earlir version of the game, FLC and FRC, perfect, one of them was alaways unbelievable and would sign for pretty much anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

John Bostock is a guy who always became a very good player in recent versions of the game. Doesn't look like it will happen for him in reality. Playing under Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink at Antwerp at the moment. Still only 21 though.

Advertisement