Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Was in the zoo with my nieces & nephew today; Hugo had a go of some of the chips we bought for the older kids (no salt/sauce) He devoured them! I bit off the crunchy tip and he sucked those bad boys dry! Mammy of the Year for feeding him chips, but what the hey! He also had a fairly decent bite of my blueberry muffin :D

I occasionally make oven chips for us and Olivia devours them. Hers are only organic spuds and oil but she really does love them. She ignores anything else on her tray until they are gone. God help us the next time we get chipper food, she'll want the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

God I'd love some chips now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

God I'd love some chips now!

Lol same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I've been trying so hard to get Hugo into finger food and he's really not been digging it, until this week. He has now got three of his front four incisors (no 4 is almost through) and he is a chomping machine! He just managed to grab a ripe peach out of the fruit basket beside his bumbo chair and he ate the whole thing, skin and all. I had to take it off him because he'd reached the stone! He gave out and grabbed a second one! He is one sticky baby this morning! (As is my ipad!)

I've been trying so hard to get Hugo into finger food and he's really not been digging it, until this week. He has now got three of his front four incisors (no 4 is almost through) and he is a chomping machine! He just managed to grab a ripe peach out of the fruit basket beside his bumbo chair and he ate the whole thing, skin and all. I had to take it off him because he'd reached the stone! He gave out and grabbed a second one! He is one sticky baby this morning! (As is my ipad!)

Cute...but not when you are trying to clean them!!! We were having stir fry last night and normally I just give her the chicken and veg to eat but she was looking at the rice so wistfully that we put some on the table for her. She had great fun feeling it and grabbing little fistfuls to eat but the mess afterwards was unreal!!

She cried today because I wouldn't leave her eat the bottle brush. She also cried because she couldn't eat the scissors. She's gone to granny and grandad(in laws) for a couple of hours while there is dusty work going on in our house. She'll come home with glowing reports no doubt. We're told she never cries there and apparently said 'all gone' when her bottle was finished the last day she was there. Now I know my child is a genius but even I'm sceptical of that :D

• Advertisement

Ha ha! That's so funny! Hugo's grannies also attribute him with works of genius ;)

As for the mess, I just left him off! He was having a bath afterwards anyway and the highchair is all plastic (love Ikea!) Sticky doesn't begin to cover it! He was eating pasta spirals in M&S cafe the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! Staff were throwing me evil looks! (I cleaned it all up before I left!)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Ha ha! That's so funny! Hugo's grannies also attribute him with works of genius ;)

As for the mess, I just left him off! He was having a bath afterwards anyway and the highchair is all plastic (love Ikea!) Sticky doesn't begin to cover it! He was eating pasta spirals in M&S cafe the other day and they were EVERYWHERE! Staff were throwing me evil plooks! (I cleaned it all up before I left!)

we had pasta spirals for dinner tonight. Had to put a plastic table cloth under his high chair, the mess was unbelievable, but he had great fun and some actually went in :-)

Went to his cousins 6th birthday party earlier. I gave him a lump of garlic bread that he was eyeing up (full of salt & other nasties, but it was a one off!) He. Devoured. It! The look on his face was pure "WHERE have you been all of my *admittedly short* life???!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Went to his cousins 6th birthday prty earlier. I gave him a lump of garlic bread that he was eyeing up (full of salt & other nasties, but t was a one off!) He. Devoured. It! The look on his face was pure "WHERE have you been all of my *admittedly short* life???!!!!"

Smart kid!

Wait till I introduce him to granny's lasagne. It'll blow his tiny mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Wait till I introduce him to granny's lasagne. It'll blow his tiny mind.

Try icecream ive never seen anyone go so wild for something haha

Took a video giving her a slice of lemon too...High larious

Tried him with icecream and he started to cry! I don't think he liked the cold!

The in laws gave my wee monkey her first taste of ice cream today. Apparently she loved it. Reckon it was bliss for her poor gums. Top two teeth are still lingering just under the surface. Slightly going mad that I didn't get to see her reaction. They also gave her eggs for the first time. Think they assumed she'd already had them. No reaction to them, yay!one of my nephews is allergic so I was slightly wary.

Eggs are the single greatest invention; whoever first looked at a chicken doing it's thing and decided to eat the result is to be lauded! I scramble eggs for him with a little mascarpone cheese, he inhales it! He also loves the toast soldiers he gets with it, he sucks all the butter from them :D Great that she seems to have no reaction Roesy.

I think Hugo will have a full row of gnashers in a day or two. Three of them have cut, the fourth is just under the skin. His gums look sore and inflamed but he's in much better form the last few days, eating better, sleeping better. He's going to look funny with a toothy smile :) I think he may have inherited my gappy teeth though - great. A fortune on braces it is!

I'm miserable with a sore throat this morning. Also quite bored of our little routine at the moment. Anyone do anything like Jo Jingles, Gymboree or even a mother and baby group? There's a mother and baby group about 10 miles from us. The other two things are about a 40 minute drive. The mother and baby group falls smack bang in the middle of her nap time though.

Anyone got any nice Father's Day ideas? We usually make funny cards for each other for birthdays/Christmas so I'll need to get some inspiration going on for that. Got him a photo mug, sounds cheesy but it's a hilarious pic of the pair of them. I'd like to get/do something else but have no ideas and limited funds due to unpaid leave and a hefty impending car repair bill :( will cook a fancy dinner too I suppose.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't get bogged down in nap times, Roesy. Bring her off. She'll sleep in the car or in the buggy. And if she doesn't, so what? It's just one day.

Mother and baby groups are brill. You'll feel great after it.

I got Mike these for father's day

http://twistedtwee.co.uk/im-spartacus-dad--baby-twinset-p-552.html

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Don't get bogged down in nap times, Roesy. Bring her off. She'll sleep in the car or in the buggy. And if she doesn't, so what? It's just one day.

Mother and baby groups are brill. You'll feel great after it.

I got Mike these for father's day

http://twistedtwee.co.uk/im-spartacus-dad--baby-twinset-p-552.html

Love that!!!

As for the naps, she's still a right fairy for them. 40 mins after a battle to put her down. She would sleep in the car on the way there if I timed it right I suppose. Not a chance would she sleep in the buggy if there is anyone/anything going on around though. She's a great girl until she's tired and then she's a beast!!!

Roesy wrote: »
    Love that!!!

As for the naps, she's still a right fairy for them. 40 mins after a battle to put her down. She would sleep in the car on the way there if I timed it right I suppose. Not a chance would she sleep in the buggy if there is anyone/anything going on around though. She's a great girl until she's tired and then she's a beast!!!

I'd still go. :)

If you want her to nap though, I'd recommend baby swim. James used to sleep aaaaaallll day after it. It was great.

Ended up going to Gymboree. Even with the longer drive it just fitted in better with the rest of the day. It was hilarious, the class was all based around Elvis music. It was advertised as 6-16 months but the next youngest baby was 14 months. All the others ranged from 18 months to three. Thought she'd only last about 20 minutes but she was fantastic for the whole hour. She taught those other babies a thing or two about 'peek a boo' and how to play(and eat) maracas :D

Must look into water babies again. The first time I enquired she was very refluxy and cross so I chickened out and the next time I had missed the start of the 6 week block.

Baby now has a third bottom tooth with no.4 about to make an appearance in the next day or so while the top two are atill just hiding under the surface. Didn't even notice the bottom ones wereabout to come through!

• Advertisement

My lad won't let me look into his mouth to see what's brewing in there! He has five through, a third top one is *almost* there - hope it bloomin hurries up, he's been like a bag of cats the last few days. Didn't sleep at all on Tues night, or all day yesterday, and has just had an hour and a half nap, so won't sleep today either! (suits me this morning though, I managed to have a shower AND blowdry my hair AND eat!!)

On another note, reading about the mass grave in Tuam is sickening me to my core. It appears malnutrition is one of the causes of death they are looking at. Starving poor babies to death and then throwing their bodies in a septic tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Rosey we are exact same, 40 mins timed to the button is all he will nap for during the day and only in car or in pram if I cover it so he can't see what's goin on! I would love if he would nap for hour or longer during day as he really needs it! We went to water babies and it's great but he got really tired during it (cos he hadn't napped!) he basically gave out for whole class! Pretty pricey too, especially when you miss one or 2 classes!

Nikpmump, that whole story about those babies is just sickening, I can barely listen to it, makes me so angry some of the crap that went on in this country and no one will be prosecuted for it!

QUOTE=Roesy;90677148]Love that!!!

As for the naps, she's still a right fairy for them. 40 mins after a battle to put her down. She would sleep in the car on the way there if I timed it right I suppose. Not a chance would she sleep in the buggy if there is anyone/anything going on around though. She's a great girl until she's tired and then she's a beast!!![/QUOTE]

Our 40 min naps are now 20 minute ones!! Twice a day,and then in a mood from seven due to lack of sleep.
    We start water babies in a few weeks.ive a fear of water so dreading a little but looking forward to it also.

Our 40 min naps are now 20 minute ones!! Twice a day,and then in a mood from seven due to lack of sleep.
    We start water babies in a few weeks.ive a fear of water so dreading a little but looking forward to it also.

Two 20's!!! I better start counting myself lucky with my 2-3 40 minutes. What time is bed time?

Rory slept nearly all day yesterday.

Slept in til 10am, then from 1.30 to 4.30, then from 5.30 to 6.30, then bed for the night at 8.30.

Teething or a growth spurt I reckon.

Roesy wrote: »
    Two 20's!!! I better start counting myself lucky with my 2-3 40 minutes. What time is bed time?

Bed times 8ish and she sleeps through til 8am,today she did a 20 and a 40 minute nap. It was great,she just upsets herself when shes wrecked and refuses to nap.
    Back to work the end of next week and first full day at creche monday. Somebody hold me;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I'm very jealous of all your sleeping babies. We're still awake every hour to hour and a half everynight and she just naps when she wants to so sometimes could get an hour or two mid day and sometimes half an hour..I forget what sleeping is

He. Will. Not. Bloody. Go. To. Sleep! I've stuff to do before work tomorrow! Aaaggh!

He. Will. Not. Bloody. Go. To. Sleep! I've stuff to do before work tomorrow! Aaaggh!

Any joy getting him down? Typical when its a sunday night.
    I dont want to go to bed because im giving her into the creche when I wake up :-( gutted,feel sick

• Advertisement

Oh groucho, the first day is so hard! My OH minded him for my first week back, and my mam has him now but it was still so difficult. Are you actually back to work tomorrow?

He went down eventually after a bit of persuasion from my OH. He'll be bloody wrecked tomorrow, didn't go down till nearly half nine.

I had a lovely moment yesterday morning. I work long shifts, so I dropped him into Mam's at half seven on Friday. He was in bed when I got home at half nine. (pm!) It was my turn for the lie in on saturday, so I didn't get up till ten - hadn't seen him in over 24 hours! As I came into the kitchen, he got sooo excited; his hands and feet started going like rotors and he started this half-laugh, half-cry! It was only when I thought about it that I realised that he hadn't seen me in so long! I'm totally going to have to win the lottery, I actually can't cope with not seeing my boy for so long!

Advertisement