Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We're a pair of invalids at the mo! I'll probably end up in WestDoc in the morning.

If it's any consolation, I probably have the UTI from getting the ride the last day. Feck's sake. :(

It's the ride that has us all in this predicament!! Ha!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Just on December 2013 thread and they are talking about not eating whipped ice cream due to listeria....

I had a 99 a few weeks ago and now im a little bit panicky .... I know if you listen to everything you shouldnt do when your pregnant, technically you should leave your house, but this is really after throwing me... Glad i only heard this now as its coming into summer...

Anyone else heard this before...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just on December 2013 thread and they are talking about not eating whipped ice cream due to listeria....

I had a 99 a few weeks ago and now im a little bit panicky .... I know if you listen to everything you shouldnt do when your pregnant, technically you should leave your house, but this is really after throwing me... Glad i only heard this now as its coming into summer...

Anyone else heard this before...

Yeah. Don't worry about the 99 you had. If you had listeria you would know all about it at this stage.

If it's from somewhere whose ice cream you trust. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

The risk is down to not cleaning out the machine properly and most modern ice cream machines have good self cleaning cycles.

If you're still worried, stick to the scoops and Golly Bars! :P

Yeah. Don't worry about the 99 you had. If you had listeria you would know all about it at this stage.

If it's from somewhere whose ice cream you trust. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

The risk is down to not cleaning out the machine properly and most modern ice cream machines have good self cleaning cycles.

If you're still worried, stick to the scoops and Golly Bars! :P

Haha... oh i want a golly bar now! i had a 99 so thatl do for the year! so il forget about it!! Bought a box of loop the loops in tescos so il be fine!!!

Everyday im told something new so i panic, im my own worst enemy ;(

I'll still be having cones! Then again I eat all the naughty things.

Think I'll have an ale tonight. It's my birthday tomorrow.

BTW, no UTI. Just wasted 60 euro on an out of hours GP.

• Advertisement

Go for it, you deserve it!

Woohoo on the UTI... Did they say what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Lads I'm as teary as anything today. Think PMS teary and multiply it x 10. Ads are making me cry, funny things are making me tear up and then happened to see a scene in a film where someone had a miscarriage. This had me in floods altogether! Tell me rational me will return soon?!?!?

Oh and happy birthday for tomorrow Das Kitty!

Go for it, you deserve it!

Woohoo on the UTI... Did they say what it was

Just the pregnancy pushing on my bladder. This didn't happen til much later last time. :(

Thanks Roesy!

Happy Birthday :D hope the ale went down went well!

• Advertisement

I'll still be having cones! Then again I eat all the naughty things.

Think I'll have an ale tonight. It's my birthday tomorrow.

BTW, no UTI. Just wasted 60 euro on an out of hours GP.

Happy birthday DK!

Das Kitty, think it was you who mentioned Braxton Hicks lately(on phone and internet connection is slow so cant trawl back to see!) Would you describe it to be like a painless spasm/contraction? Was lying on my side in bed last night and felt this painless tightening which lasted a few seconds and only happened the once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Hey all, went to gp with pain in hips.... he said my pelvis is lopsided.... its the start of pelvic girdle pain fun fun.

I am mentioning it at my next hospital appointment... it making me a bit down so any advice on dealing with it would be great.

On a positive note, cannot beleive I am 19 weeks on friday.... its flying....

If you do a sit down job at work, get your workstation assessed by health and safety. Take plenty of breaks away from your desk.

People who suffer with that during pregnancy swear by pregnancy yoga and pilates. My own experience with regular yoga tell me that it definitely evens out the posture.

Roesy wrote: »
    Das Kitty, think it was you who mentioned Braxton Hicks lately(on phone and internet connection is slow so cant trawl back to see!) Would you describe it to be like a painless spasm/contraction? Was lying on my side in bed last night and felt this painless tightening which lasted a few seconds and only happened the once.

Sorry Roesy, only seeing this now.

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's probably happening a lot more than you notice. They start at 6 weeks apparently.

If you do a sit down job at work, get your workstation assessed by health and safety. Take plenty of breaks away from your desk.

People who suffer with that during pregnancy swear by pregnancy yoga and pilates. My own experience with regular yoga tell me that it definitely evens out the posture.

I am sahm mum.... was thinking yoga alright

Its affecting walking, bending, taking care of toddler... very annoying

Sorry Roesy, only seeing this now.

Yeah, that's exactly it. It's probably happening a lot more than you notice. They start at 6 weeks apparently.

Never knew that...another weird and wonderful aspect of pregnancy I was clueless about :) Was only just coming up on 16 weeks when I got it. Always assumed they'd be a later pregnancy thing.

Just back from appointment. Dr seems happy enough. Junior is definitely a lot bigger than last time. Scan didn't look as clear today but it was cool to see the little spine and the legs wiggling. Seems to be a bit of a lazy bugger, last two scans he/she is just chilling out/snoozing! Back again in 4 weeks.

Just back from appointment. Dr seems happy enough. Junior is definitely a lot bigger than last time. Scan didn't look as clear today but it was cool to see the little spine and the legs wiggling. Seems to be a bit of a lazy bugger, last two scans he/she is just chilling out/snoozing! Back again in 4 weeks.

Great stuff

Drink a can of coke a half hour before your scan to get junior moving!

Beyond tired.... Couldn't sleep over pelvic pain
    I am a right cranky pants today!

• Advertisement

Ow freudiangirl, that does not sound like fun. Being in pain is bad enough, never mind being exhausted from lack of sleep on top of it! Had one or two bad nights a few weeks ago with my hip. Settled down again thank god! Can physio help with it?

Was just over in the November thread. Pop in there sometimes because I think I'll end up being a November mammy anyway. They have a due date list going, any interest in having one here? I'll start..

Roesy- 27th of October

Was just over in the November thread. Pop in there sometimes because I think I'll end up being a November mammy anyway. They have a due date list going, any interest in having one here? I'll start..

Roesy- 27th of October

Good idea!

Inlikeflynn86 - 18th October
    Roesy- 27th of October

Das Kitty - 5th October
    Roesy- 27th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Roesy- 27th of October

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October

Ow freudiangirl, that does not sound like fun. Being in pain is bad enough, never mind being exhausted from lack of sleep on top of it! Had one or two bad nights a few weeks ago with my hip. Settled down again thank god! Can physio help with it?

I am waiting for my 20 week app at end of month to mention it... Hoping it doesn't get any worse...

I have been to my gp.... Its tough to do day to day stuff esp bending,picking U toddler etc....
    I had sciatica on number 1 but this is totally different.

• Advertisement

Wooha wrote: »
    Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Freudiangirl- 11th October - CUMH
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October

. ....

Advertisement