Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

. ....

Knock13 due 10th Oct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Shattered tired this evening. Felt like an old lady drifting off on the couch at 8.30 snuggled up next to himself. He didn't even notice I was asleep! Am in bed now and can't sleep. Typical....might have something to do with the stodgy dinner of chicken breast in a bun I convinced myself was a good idea. Feeling a bit stomach gurgly and nauseous now...d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    Freudiangirl- 11th October - CUMH
    Inlikeflynn86 - 18th October
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

26th October!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October - Holles St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    Madisson - 22nd October:D
    Roesy- 27th of October
    Nikpmup - 30th October

Was as the doc today and turns out I have piles and also the baby is on a nerve that is hurting my back so ive to get physiotherapy.... Absolutely fab... Only 5 months left ladies haha

Is too late for a slice of toast Rosey? I hate that nauseous feeling!
    I'm having an aversion to food today managed to eat a few slices of toast and a few clementines....l couldn't face dinner.... I will really have to make up for it tomorrow :(

Madisson wrote: »
    Was as the doc today and turns out I have piles and also the baby is on a nerve that is hurting my back so ive to get physiotherapy.... Absolutely fab... Only 5 months left ladies haha

Ooh, yuk! Sounds painful.... Hope the physio helps it. And only five months left.... Yikes! Soooo not ready ha ha!

I have a weird aversion to all meats and fish, can't even put it in my mouth, but other than that my nausea/vomiting seems to be gone - not before time! I'm eating lots of eggs, cheese, nuts, chickpeas etc to try to make up the protein, and I'm still taking my vits. Starting to really bulge out the front now - in maternity jeans and some tops. I'm hoping for some good summer weather so I can try out the maxi dress/sandals/sunglasses/bump look I'm sure I will be rocking!! Ha ha!! On a happier note, the, erm, issues I was having down below seem to have sorted themselves out, but I'll still say it to the GP - I'm back on Monday for my first check up with her. On that note - any questions I should ask her that you ladies can think of? I'm going to ask about the sensitivity downstairs in case it's an infection, I have extremely itchy lower legs as well which I might mention.
    Hope everyone's doing okay and bumps are progressing nicely!

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    Madisson -22nd October:D
    DoctorBoo - 26th October
    Roesy- 27th of October

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Wooha - 7th October - CUMH
    Knock13 - 10th October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October
    Roesy- 27th of October

• Advertisement

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October
    Roesy- 27th of October - CUMH

Was bored earlier and went trawling through some of the American pregnancy forums. Some mad stuff altogether. Having a gender reveal party seems to be a big thing. They also seem to have some even more unusual gender prediction 'theories/tests' than we have here. I had heard of people predicting based on how high/low you are carrying, the ring on a string thing and and whether you have much morning sickness but this evening I have also learned about the baking soda test, the nub theory and the skull theory. The baking soda one apparently involves mixing your own urine and baking soda and the gender prediction is based on the reaction! Who come up with these things?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    trinz23 - 13th October :eek:
    Madisson -22nd Octoberbiggrin.png
    DoctorBoo - 26th October

Livinsane - 3rd October
    Kitty - 5th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    trinz23 - 13th October
    Inlikeflynn86 -18th October - WRH
    Madisson -22nd October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October

Hope everyone had a good weekend :-) Had a busy weekend between a communion yesterday and a 2nd birthday party today....

I was lying in bed earlier feeling sorry myself as my back and sciatica are flaring up and my friend rings me..... To tell me shes 12 weeks pregnant... I havnt stopped smiling :D

I had a feeling a few weeks ago when we were out and she passed a comment about something.... Im so delighted

Im now in 38DD... OH loves them... Bought a few supported tops in Tescos this morning so have a nice selection now! I need to stay away from Penneys and Tescos

Apart from back im feeling good. Im counting down the days to 20 week scan now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Livinsane - 3rd October
    monday monday-3rd october holles st
    Kitty - 5th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    trinz23 - 13th October
    Madisson -22nd October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October

ok i need to start contributing to the conversation instead of lurking. have my 20 week scan on wednesday. can't wait but also nervous. think i'm feeling the baby moving. i was reading that its like a "popping" and it does feel like a "popping. but then i'm like do i think it only feels like a popping because i read that it feels like a popping. driving myself demented.

Livinsane - 3rd October
    monday monday-3rd october holles st
    Kitty - 5th October
    Knock13 - 10th October
    trinz23 - 13th October
    Madisson -22nd October
    DoctorBoo - 26th October

ok i need to start contributing to the conversation instead of lurking. have my 20 week scan on wednesday. can't wait but also nervous. think i'm feeling the baby moving. i was reading that its like a "popping" and it does feel like a "popping. but then i'm like do i think it only feels like a popping because i read that it feels like a popping. driving myself demented.

Think I felt something last night. Are you feeling it often?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

Roesy wrote: »
    Think I felt something last night. Are you feeling it often?
    i feel it a good few times a day. and when i'm lying in bed it starts up again. its almost like someones opened a coke in your belly and the bubbles are bouncing off the top. now maybe i have some digestive problem that i'm unaware off but i'm gonna go with the baby moving about idea.:D

Just heard babas heartbeat for the first time at the docs :) Love that sound! She let me record it on my phone, haven't stopped playing it :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    Just heard babas heartbeat for the first time at the docs :) Love that sound! She let me record it on my phone, haven't stopped playing it :)

Oh wow thats brilliant ;) i didnt think of doing that !!! So nice to have ;)

• Advertisement

i feel it a good few times a day. and when i'm lying in bed it starts up again. its almost like someones opened a coke in your belly and the bubbles are bouncing off the top. now maybe i have some digestive problem that i'm unaware off but i'm gonna go with the baby moving about idea.:D

Am wondering whether I imagined it yesterday but definitely didn't feel very digestion-y to me. Can't wait to feel it properly/regularly. It's a pregnancy symptom I'm not dreading having!

nikpmup wrote: »

Loved hearing it at the scans too. Such a reassuring sound! Would love a recording of it. Did it sound like a train or galloping horses?(another gender prediction theory I was unaware of until a couple of days ago!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

20 week scan this morning..............

drumroll please.............
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    \
    IT'S A BOY!!!! :D:D:D

Loved hearing it at the scans too. Such a reassuring sound! Would love a recording of it. Did it sound like a train or galloping horses?(another gender prediction theory I was unaware of until a couple of days ago!)

Whats the theory ??

Wow congratulations Rockonollie !! You delighted??

Like neither.... Sort of "whom whom whom whom whom..." (Say it out loud, doesn't sound as silly as it looks!) Everybody reckons I'm having a boy, so it'll be interesting!

Whats the theory ??

Wow congratulations Rockonollie !! You delighted??

Apparently if it sounds like a train its a boy and galloping horses is a girl...one of the many mad theories I came across the other day!

Apparently if it sounds like a train its a boy and galloping horses is a girl...one of the many mad theories I came across the other day!

If that's the case, its a boy!! It was the doc who said it to me when we were listening in....... Ahhhhh

If that's the case, its a boy!! It was the doc who said it to me when we were listening in....... Ahhhhh

You could always be the thread guinea pig to try the baking soda test :p on one of the American websites some of the posters were extolling the accuracy of it. i dont buy it myself!

You could always be the thread guinea pig to try the baking soda test :p on one of the American websites some of the posters were extolling the accuracy of it. i dont buy it myself!

Im googling that right now!!

• Advertisement

Was more like a train than horses, so maybe there's something in it ;)

Advertisement