Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Was more like a train than horses, so maybe there's something in it ;)

I have to pay more attention to mine next time because I have a feeling I'm having a boy too.

Im googling that right now!!

Don't you have to wonder how they even came up with it ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Don't even want to know!! They are mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

i feel it a good few times a day. and when i'm lying in bed it starts up again. its almost like someones opened a coke in your belly and the bubbles are bouncing off the top. now maybe i have some digestive problem that i'm unaware off but i'm gonna go with the baby moving about idea.:D

I'd say its definitely the baby moving. I'm due the same day as you and getting lashed from all angles since 17 weeks! The first time it felt exactly like a bubble moving along the inside of my stomach, and it lasted about a minute. Has gotten consistently stronger ever since and you can feel some of them on the outside. Same as you, happens throughout the day and particularly when lying in bed at night. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

livinsane wrote: »
    I'd say its definitely the baby moving. I'm due the same day as you and getting lashed from all angles since 17 weeks! The first time it felt exactly like a bubble moving along the inside of my stomach, and it lasted about a minute. Has gotten consistently stronger ever since and you can feel some of them on the outside. Same as you, happens throughout the day and particularly when lying in bed at night. I love it.

yeah its lovely to feel. still can't my head around the fact theres a human in my belly doing karate kicks. have my 20 week scan tomorrow so fingers crossed all is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I think I have a UTI... Poo. :( Off to the docs with me!!

Had one the week before last. No fun! Midwife recommended barley water(not with orange) and gp recommended cranberry juice. Think the barley water helped alright. Both recommended drinking plenty to flush it out.

Boooo :( As Rosey said plenty of cranberry juice!

I was up early this morning as I had interview for a college course, I got it... I will try to defer but OH thinks I should do it.... Men... I don't work at the minute so I want the time to bond with beany when he/she arrives before I look for work or go back studying.... I know I wouldn't give 100% to the course anyway!

When I came home I felt faint, I didn't eat properly before I left so I put it down to that. Just back from dropping OH to work and Im all headachy and a bit faint... I dont know whether to lie down or sit out the back for an hour. I think Id like a dose of MS then this feeling... Ugh

I'm ploughing through the cranberry juice but I think I need an antibiotic - I can see blood in my pee! The last time I had a UTI I was in agony until I got the antibiotics going, I'm hoping it doesn't get that bad this time. Stoopid bladder :(

Inlikeflynn, if you're faint, eat & drink something then go lie down - sitting out in the sun won't help (even though its not very hot)

Try get an antibiotic. Don't put yourself through it again, they are terrible :(

I'm just eating a bowl of fruit now and going lying down. OH took BP and it was fine.

• Advertisement

I'm definitely getting an antibiotic! Hurts like hell to pee.

We're not terribly well cut out for this growing a human lark, are we? As a species, I mean?! Between MS, feeling faint, bugs, uterus growing pains, sore boobs, backache, fatigue..... I'm starting to seriously doubt the validity of reports that those in the 2nd trimester "glow". The only glow that's going on at the moment is the red face on me after I emerge from the bathroom after either puking or peeing!!

Hope you feel better soon ILF

I'm definitely getting an antibiotic! Hurts like hell to pee.

We're not terribly well cut out for this growing a human lark, are we? As a species, I mean?! Between MS, feeling faint, bugs, uterus growing pains, sore boobs, backache, fatigue..... I'm starting to seriously doubt the validity of reports that those in the 2nd trimester "glow". The only glow that's going on at the moment is the red face on me after I emerge from the bathroom after either puking or peeing!!

Hope you feel better soon ILF

Totally agree with you, i cant go grow a plant let alone a human!! Its tough going!
    Are you going to docs today? Let us know !!

Deffo a UTI; on augmentin for five days - I don't like taking them but I like peeing razors less!!

Yes id prefer the augmentim too! Hopefully it will be fast working for you !

Deffo a UTI; on augmentin for five days - I don't like taking them but I like peeing razors less!!

Had to take antibiotics a month or so ago. Hated taking them too. A necessary evil :-( Definitely try barley water as well for the discomfort. I think it helped anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Hi all!

Just back from a great holiday in Berlin. It was tiring and I did have to spend one half day in bed, but it was great all the same. Lovely spending so much uninterrupted time with my little toddler before his brother or sister arrives.

The kicks are very strong now at almost 21 weeks and I felt the hiccups for the first time this evening.

Scan tomorrow. Hopefully we'll find out the sex.

Hope you're feeling better nikpmup!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

so had my 20 week scan on wednesday. all looking good and got a heap of photos. the sonographer was very nice and explained exactly what she was doing and what we could see(or not see, i couldn't see half the things she was pointing out).
    at some point during the scan she mentioned that the scan does have limitations and they can't check for mental development. then she quickly mentioned 'Oscar Pistorius the athlete'!!!! she carried on and it was only afterwards i got thinking about it.
    i asked my boyf what he thought she meant. he thought that she can't tell whether baby will be a murderer or not. it was only then i remembered he has no legs. it was a bit strange but overall a good experience. i'm going public in holles street. we were seen straight away and were only in the building 25 minutes.

so had my 20 week scan on wednesday. all looking good and got a heap of photos. the sonographer was very nice and explained exactly what she was doing and what we could see(or not see, i couldn't see half the things she was pointing out).
    at some point during the scan she mentioned that the scan does have limitations and they can't check for mental development. then she quickly mentioned 'Oscar Pistorius the athlete'!!!! she carried on and it was only afterwards i got thinking about it.
    i asked my boyf what he thought she meant. he thought that she can't tell whether baby will be a murderer or not. it was only then i remembered he has no legs. it was a bit strange but overall a good experience. i'm going public in holles street. we were seen straight away and were only in the building 25 minutes.

That is strange!? Private joke that only the sonographer knew?? I have my scan in 3 weeks in Holles St, can't wait :)

Have my bottle of coke to wake lil chip up and off I go. Will let you know how I get on!

How are you feeling today nikpmup?
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Have my bottle of coke to wake lil chip up and off I go. Will let you know how I get on!

Well, how was Chip? Did you get to find out the sex?

Just wondering when did people start feeling definite movement? Would love to know. Am nearly 18 weeks and had an is it/isn't moment earlier on in the week and about 2-3 weeks ago. Guessing the few weeks one wasn't or I'd be starting to feel something more regularly by now.

• Advertisement

It's a boy!

Wonderful to see him.

I have a name in my head now that it'll be hard to shake. Just to surreptitiously plant it in my OH's head so he thinks he's getting a choice. :p

It's a boy!

Wonderful to see him.

I have a name in my head now that it'll be hard to shake. Just to surreptitiously plant it in my OH's head so he thinks he's getting a choice. :p

Wow! Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Hi girls. Had a dodgy moment earlier. Was waiting on the bus and it took about 20 minutes to arrive. I started feeling faint and a bit sick. Had anything similar happened to you?

It's a boy!

Wonderful to see him.

Yay! Congratulations.

Thats brilliant Das Kitty!! Im delighted for you!

Ive been offered a pram, its the pram i want. It is 2nd hand but has been only used 3 times and in immaculate condition. It comes with carseat... I was adamant i was buying the pram brand new but this seems ideal and €200 difference in the price

I dont know what to do! Has anyone bought a 2nd hand pram before

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    Hi girls. Had a dodgy moment earlier. Was waiting on the bus and it took about 20 minutes to arrive. I started feeling faint and a bit sick. Had anything similar happened to you?

Just once, very early in the pregnancy. Never found out a reason. It passed quickly though. How are you feeling now?

Yeah feeling a bit better now. Hopefully I'll be back to normal once I get some dinner into me!! ;-)

DoctorBoo wrote: »
    Yeah feeling a bit better now. Hopefully I'll be back to normal once I get some dinner into me!! ;-)

Once your fed you'll be feeling much better, i was like that yesterday but i didnt eat a proper breakfast!

I hope so! I'll give you a post-dinner update :-)

• Advertisement

Thats brilliant Das Kitty!! Im delighted for you!

Ive been offered a pram, its the pram i want. It is 2nd hand but has been only used 3 times and in immaculate condition. It comes with carseat... I was adamant i was buying the pram brand new but this seems ideal and €200 difference in the price

I dont know what to do! Has anyone bought a 2nd hand pram before

I'd say jump at it! I'm taking a three-year old buggy off my sisters hands - it's saved me about €800, so I'm thrilled!

Advertisement