Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Bah! Feeling very mopey and unsettled today. Probably just the hormones I know but it's not a nice feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'd say jump at it! I'm taking a three-year old buggy off my sisters hands - it's saved me about €800, so I'm thrilled!

I got it, collecting it later, i saw it properly today and the plastic was still on it... I brought my mam for a second opinion and she was saying you cant leave it... Shed say it as it is...

Its the Silvercross linear... Happy out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

I got it, collecting it later, i saw it properly today and the plastic was still on it... I brought my mam for a second opinion and she was saying you cant leave it... Shed say it as it is...

Its the Silvercross linear... Happy out :-)

That's brilliant. I haven't even started looking yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm all for getting a bargain! The buggy/carseat is the priciest item, so if you can get a discount, happy days! I've inherited a quinny buzz buggy, a maxi cosi carseat and a carrycot - the carrycot is practically new; and it can be used to sleep in all night.

Im delighted with it. Its in my mams til October as i would keep looking at it otherwise!

I have a maxi cosi carseat too but i need to buy a base for it...
    Starting to come together now!

Lately ive been waking up lying on my back and starting to feel the pressure when i get up out of bed.. Think il have to to myself to one side haha....

• Advertisement

Im delighted with it. Its in my mams til October as i would keep looking at it otherwise!

I have a maxi cosi carseat too but i need to buy a base for it...
    Starting to come together now!

Lately ive been waking up lying on my back and starting to feel the pressure when i get up out of bed.. Think il have to to myself to one side haha....

Yeah, I bought the base for the carseat too - feck all that arsing around with seatbelts lark!! Life is too short! I'm delighted with the base, once it's in (2 seconds to fit if its an isofix, about 10 seconds if its not) the carseat just clicks in & out. It'll be so worth it on cold wet November days! Check the eurobaby website, they seem pretty reasonable there, and free delivery. They also do a sale every couple of weeks, super Saturday, where they discount one item for the weekend - this weekend it's an electric breast pump, I'm thinking of investing :)

I'm finding lying on my side a bit uncomfy unless I have a pillow under my knees - gonna have to invest in many more pillows!

Yeah, I bought the base for the carseat too - feck all that arsing around with seatbelts lark!! Life is too short! I'm delighted with the base, once it's in (2 seconds to fit if its an isofix, about 10 seconds if its not) the carseat just clicks in & out. It'll be so worth it on cold wet November days! Check the eurobaby website, they seem pretty reasonable there, and free delivery. They also do a sale every couple of weeks, super Saturday, where they discount one item for the weekend - this weekend it's an electric breast pump, I'm thinking of investing :)

I'm finding lying on my side a bit uncomfy unless I have a pillow under my knees - gonna have to invest in many more pillows!

Thats brilliant, Thanks for that! Gona have a look now!
    I have a pillow but i just end up on my back and its very sore then when im trying to get up for the bathroom... Im thinking about sleeping in the spare room to see if i can sleep better.

Another sore back here. Keep rolling ont my back during the night and wake up quite uncomfortable because of it. Himself disappeared while I was shopping in town today and returned with a pregnancy/body pillow. Am surprised he even knew what one was! Hopefully it might help. Finally picked up a few new clothes today. Got a couple of maternity bits and bobs in new look and h&m and just got a couple of non clingy tops as well. Yay for having a bigger choice of clothing. Sick of recycling the only 3-4 of my old outfits that I don't look/feel fat in!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm actually not sore lying on my back still. Last time it was agony early on. I've been doing a lot of exercise I suppose.

• Advertisement

I'd put my sore back partially down to the fact that I'm usually a front sleeper and this sleeping on my side/back is weird to me. Also, have had lower back trouble on and off for a long time-horse riding fall(s), slipping on a stairs(fractured coccyx) and a car crash(all in the space of 10-12 months about 10 years ago), so I could be just having a flare up.

In other news, I can't decide whether I felt the baby tonight or had a very weird digestion thing :) Can't wait to be certain!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

I think I'm starting to feel movement??? But as this is my first I'm not too sure.....it feels like a light popping???? I really hope it is what I think it is...it feels weird but good weird!

Yeah, that sounds like it. :)

It's mental on the second one. I've been feeling the popping for over a month. Now it's turning into proper digs. I've been feeling it under my hand for a few weeks and could see my tummy hop along with a few kicks at the weekend. :)

Trinz23, thats exactly what im feeling! This morning though it felt really strong and got OH to put hand on my stomach and i said nothing, just to see, when i felt the movement he said is that the kicking!! He got all excited then but no more movements after. But he was beaming!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Trinz23, thats exactly what im feeling! This morning though it felt really strong and got OH to put hand on my stomach and i said nothing, just to see, when i felt the movement he said is that the kicking!! He got all excited then but no more movements after. But he was beaming!!

Same with my OH on Saturday. I was finally more sure that it was the baby kicking, so OH had a feel and the smile on his face when he felt it and just beaming afterwards :-)

I reckon I felt movements tonight for the first time - when I got in from work, OH was rubbing my tummy, when he removed his hand I felt this weird..... Felt like someone rummaging in a pocket, if the pocket was my lower belly! We did it a few more times, then I felt a definite poke! It's very light - if I wasn't sitting dead still I doubt I would have noticed it. I'm noticing flutters now all evening, probably more tuned in to what it feels like? Or maybe I'm wanting to feel it so bad I'm dreaming them?!! :D

Sounds like its movement nikpmup :-)

I spent the last 2 days cleaning and scrubbing babs room and box room and woke this morning in ribbons with my hip... I was holding onto the wall to go to bathroom... Nothing i can do but rest... I probably told you already but i should hopefully be getting a hip replacement next year.... Doctor keeps telling me to rest but i cant!

OH is downstairs now making me breakfast but i want to make my own!!

So what has everyone bought or has anyone started!

I havent bought a thing! My OH has yet to feel the movement, starting to think baby doesnt like daddy! Every time I get him to feel it stops.....is there any way I can make it happen? Drink something fizzy etc? Its kinda starting to get him down that he hasnt felt it yet because I am so excited about it. Its getting stronger every day!!

trinz23 wrote: »
    I havent bought a thing! My OH has yet to feel the movement, starting to think baby doesnt like daddy! Every time I get him to feel it stops.....is there any way I can make it happen? Drink something fizzy etc? Its kinda starting to get him down that he hasnt felt it yet because I am so excited about it. Its getting stronger every day!!

How far are you gone? Anytime i drink a glass of coke, about 20 minutes later i can really feel movement! Might be worth a try. Once he feels the kicks his hand will be constantly on your stomach.... ;)

Our lad was avoiding his Dad until last night, so don't worry.

It's great not having to buy anything this time. :)

• Advertisement

I'm just the 20 weeks now. Halfway there. Drinking a coffee at the mo for the first time in god knows how long and peanut is going crazy in there!!

Has anyone any recommendations on maternity clothes sites? I have yet to find a webite that is both reasonably priced and has nice stuff! If anyone is down my side of the country there is a new maternity shop after opening in Ennis, called Bump and its fab! I bought mat jeans in there last week (even better I thought I was a 12 but when I tried them on turns out I only needed a 10!!) and they were very reasonable, €44.95 and ridiculously comfy! I should have bee nwearing them before I was preggers!!

Sounds like its movement nikpmup :-)

I spent the last 2 days cleaning and scrubbing babs room and box room and woke this morning in ribbons with my hip... I was holding onto the wall to go to bathroom... Nothing i can do but rest... I probably told you already but i should hopefully be getting a hip replacement next year.... Doctor keeps telling me to rest but i cant!

OH is downstairs now making me breakfast but i want to make my own!!

So what has everyone bought or has anyone started!

You know what I'm gonna say.... REST! Take it easy, esp with your hips - you don't want to be storing up trouble for yourself later.

I've bought a small selection of babygros and sleep suits from 0-3m to 6-9m.. I pop a pack in the trolley whenever I'm in Dunnes or tesco, I don't want to be having to buy a pile of stuff very close to the time. Have them packed away until later tho. I have inherited my sisters buggy; that's in my Mams house until I give it a rub of a cloth :) I also have an inherited baby bath & an inherited Moses basket. I bought a base to go with the carseat, a rain cover for the carseat and I'm on the lookout for a good quality nursing pillow that isn't ridiculously expensive and hasn't got bloody duck patterns on it - it'll prob live on the sofa so I want it to match the decor ;) My OH's sister reckons she has a mamas & papas swing in her attic so I'll get her to dig that out, if not I'll look out for a bouncer. That'll do for now :D Although Aldi have baby stuff in on Thursday - cellular blankets, babygros etc. Might pop along for a look :)

You know what I'm gonna say.... REST! Take it easy, esp with your hips - you don't want to be storing up trouble for yourself later.

I've bought a small selection of babygros and sleep suits from 0-3m to 6-9m.. I pop a pack in the trolley whenever I'm in Dunnes or tesco, I don't want to be having to buy a pile of stuff very close to the time. Have them packed away until later tho. I have inherited my sisters buggy; that's in my Mams house until I give it a rub of a cloth :) I also have an inherited baby bath & an inherited Moses basket. I bought a base to go with the carseat, a rain cover for the carseat and I'm on the lookout for a good quality nursing pillow that isn't ridiculously expensive and hasn't got bloody duck patterns on it - it'll prob live on the sofa so I want it to match the decor ;) My OH's sister reckons she has a mamas & papas swing in her attic so I'll get her to dig that out, if not I'll look out for a bouncer. That'll do for now :D Although Aldi have baby stuff in on Thursday - cellular blankets, babygros etc. Might pop along for a look :)

Haha im proped up in bed now with book bottles of water. Himself is scraping wallpaper in the front room...

Hopefully il get to Aldi, theres a Tommy Tippe microwave steriliser i want to buy for my mams house, it looks like they will have some stuff.

OH mam has bought some load, all for her house. She also bought the all in one suit for coming home from hospital.... Im just fit to burst at this stage....

Apart from her and my hip, everything is going well ;)

With all these movements i think im guna have a gymnast!

trinz23 wrote: »
    I'm just the 20 weeks now. Halfway there. Drinking a coffee at the mo for the first time in god knows how long and peanut is going crazy in there!!

Yaaay for caffeine!!
    I know someone who only drank coke when they were pregnant and the little girl is now 4 will only drink juice or milk, she hates fizzy drinks!

I have really cut down on fizzy drinks and only drink juice and water now. I was addicted to coke!

Haven't bought a thing yet. Might start looking after the 20 week scan. Will probably wait until July to start buying stuff though. Will be off for the summer so it'll give me a bit of a project!

Definitely feeling movement tonight :D Nudges and rummages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Definitely feeling movement tonight :D Nudges and rummages!

Play some music for it and see if it responds! My little one went mad for David Bowie for a while! Unless she was trying to tell me she didn't like it haha

loubian wrote: »
    Play some music for it and see if it responds! My little one went mad for David Bowie for a while! Unless she was trying to tell me she didn't like it haha

OH was singing in the kitchen earlier and I got a firm nudge!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hey ladies
    Had my scan today in holles street and it was so great to see the baby again. It was being shy and had its face kind of hidden but saw lots and all is where it should be so relieved! Spent awhile looking at heart area but apparently that's normal. Didn't find out the sex, was tempted but decided against it!

Been feelin movements for past 2 weeks but especially last few days, always in the evenings, suppose that's the only time I sit still so probably only time I take notice. Last night I was playing music on the laptop and there was a few stronger kicks! Hubbie felt 1 but then it stopped but I'm sure there will be lots more opportunities for him to feel it.

Haven't bought anything yet except some flowy tops in penny's and pair of maternity jeans in top shop. My friend gave me one of those belly band things that you put over your trousers and you can leave the top of them open and it has been a god send, really handy. Hopefully inheriting some baby stuff from sis so I'm waiting to figure out what's left to buy, probably will have to get cot as she still uses hers. Going to check out aldi tomorrow and maybe pick up a few things to start things going. Think I subconsciously was waiting until my 20 week scan before I bought stuff. Cant wait to buy some cute baby clothes now!!
    Where did you get the pregnancy pillow? Think need one as bit uncomfortable in bed lately.

Hope you all feeling good

• Advertisement

I saw one in Mothercare, don't know the brand but it was a figure 7 shape, supported the back, hips, bump & knees (or so it said!)

Advertisement